About the Texas Department of Licensing and Regulation
To be the leader in public service by creating innovative, low cost licensing and regulatory best practices, and cultivating employees who provide exceptional customer service.
To honor the trust of all Texans, ensure public safety and customer protection, and provide a fair and efficient licensing and regulatory environment at the lowest possible cost.
To achieve smaller, smarter government, we:
- Honor the public by regulating in a fair, open, and consistent manner;
- Provide more opportunities and avenues for our customers and employees to be heard (Your Voice Matters);
- Deliver simple, clear, and courteous service to our customers;
- Maintain a culture of change and innovation by always challenging and re-evaluating the status quo;
- Build efficient and cost-effective public-private partnerships;
- Mentor leaders to exemplify TDLR’s Core Values;
- Eliminate waste and maximize our resources to lower the cost for the customers we serve;
- Reward high-performing employees through promotion, raises, and recognition;
- Serve the citizens of Texas responsibly through transparency and efficiency; and
- Value the dignity and worth of our customers and employees.
TDLR's Core Values
The following core values reflect what is truly important to us as an organization. These are not values that change from time to time, situation to situation or person to person, but rather they are the foundation of our agency culture.
Integrity – We are trustworthy, responsible and ethical in all we do.
Accountability – We are personally responsible to the citizens of Texas. We take pride in our successes and responsibility for our failures – celebrating achievements and using setbacks as opportunities for growth.
Customer Service – We deliver courteous, timely and easily accessible service, getting the job done right the first time. Each person we serve deserves our best.
Open and Free Communication – We listen to everybody, honoring the right to be heard and respecting all opinions. We invite participation from all of our customers and employees.
Innovation – We foster a culture of creativity to generate out of the box thinking and ideas in order to bring about value added change and improvement in the services we deliver.
Teamwork – Our success is a result of our collective wisdom, dedication and energy, working together towards our shared vision and mission.
Respect – We value our customers and each other by treating everyone with courtesy and dignity.