- License Renewal and Exam Information
- Search Barber Licenses
- Online License Renewal
- Duplicate Receipt for Online Renewal
- Duplicate Receipt for Online Application
- Order Barber Law and Rule Book Online
- Change Contact Information Online
- Pay Penalties Online
- Barber Exam Information
- Search Scheduled Exams and Exam Results
- Guidelines for License Applicants with Criminal Convictions
- Enforcement Plan
- Criminal History Evaluation Letter
- Barber Schools and Barber Lists
- Forms, FAQs, Rules, Law and Inspections
- Meetings and Information
The Texas Department of Licensing and Regulation (TDLR) offers Barber examinations at locations around the state on a day to be scheduled by the applicant. You may schedule Barber examinations at several locations around the state. You will receive an eligibility postcard from PSI once you meet all eligibility requirements. The postcard contains instructions for registering and scheduling examinations. You should obtain the Candidate Information Bulletin (CIB) below, which provides you with detailed information about the examination administered by PSI.
The written examination is offerred in Abilene, Amarillo, Arlington, Austin, Corpus Christi, Dallas, El Paso, Fort Worth, Harlingen, Houston, Lubbock, Midland, San Antonio, Tyler and Waco.
The practical examination is offered in Austin, San Antonio, the DFW Metroplex, the Greater Houston area, McAllen, El Paso, Midland and Amarillo.
The CIB’s are available for download in Adobe Acrobat .pdf format. Acrobat Reader is necessary to view .pdf files. If you need to obtain a copy of this program it is available as a free download for Windows or Macintosh operating systems.
|English||En español||Tieng Viet|
|THỢ HỚT TÓC|
Técnico de Barbero
|Técnico Manicuro de Barbero|
Tejador de Pelo de Barbero
Técnico Tejador de Pelo de Barbero
|GIÁO VIÊN THỢ HỚT TÓC|
Forma de Plan de estudio
The Barber examinations are developed and delivered by PSI. For general information about PSI, go to PSI's website. For information about the PSI testing program or, if you are eligible, to register, go to www.psiexams.com.
Exam Pass/Fail Rates
- Fiscal Year 2013 Barber Exam Statistics by Month
- Fiscal Year 2012 Barber Exam Statistics by Month (26KB PDF)
- Fiscal Year 2011 Barber Exam Statistics by Month (23KB PDF)