- Continuing Education Provider Information by Occupation
- Air Conditioning and Refrigeration Contractors
- Booting Operators
- Licensed Court Interpreters
- Polygraph Examiners
- Property Tax Consultants
- Property Tax Professionals
- Registered Accessibility Specialists
- Towing Operators
- Well Driller and Pump Installers
- Post Continuing Education Rosters
- Frequently Asked Questions, Rules and Information
Electrician licensees must complete four hours of continuing education in courses approved by the department. These courses must address the National Electric Code, as adopted under Section 1305.101, Safety (NFPA 70E), and State law and rules that regulate the conduct of license holders under this chapter.
Each year the provider must renew their registration in order to offer continuing education courses. Course approvals are valid for a period of one year, assuming the provider's approval remains current throughout that time.
New continuing education courses must be approved by the Department before being offered. The provider will need to submit a course approval application prior to scheduling of any courses/seminars, a timed topic outline, the course material, and the required course approval fee.
TDLR has made available a sample Power Point presentation of the Electricians State Law and Rules. It can be adapted by a registered provider to create a state law and rules course. If a provider desires to do this, then they must submit the course approval application, a timed topic outline specifying the selected sections of both the law and rules, course materials, and the course application approval fee. Download the Electrician State Law and Rules Sample Course (289KB download)
These forms are available for download in Adobe Acrobat .pdf format. Acrobat Reader is necessary to view .pdf files. If you need to obtain a copy of this program it is available as a free download for Windows or Macintosh operating systems.
Please note the following policy regarding the filing of forms which collect a person's individual information:
"An individual who completes and files this form with the Texas Department of Licensing and Regulation (the Department) is entitled to the following from the Department:
(1) to be informed about the information that the Department collects about the individual, upon the request of the individual and subject to a few exceptions;
(2) to receive and review the information, under Sections 552.021 and 552.023 of the Texas Government Code; and
(3) to have the Department correct information about the individual that is incorrect, under Section 559.004 of the Texas Government Code."
Electrician Continuing Education Course Approval Application (62KB download)
Continuing Education Provider Application (252kb download)
Outline Sample Timed Topic Outline
Please note that the reporting of continuing education hours is the responsibility of the continuing education provider. Licensees may check their hours at the Continuing Education Courses Look Up. If the hours have not been reported, the licensee should contact the provider first to ensure that the hours are reported. If the reporting issue is not resolved, they have the option of filing a complaint.
Email Updates - You may wish to sign up for the various occupation and continuing education provider email updates.
Request for Information - email@example.com
Voice: (512) 463-6599 or toll free at (800) 803-9202
Fax: (512) 463-1512