- Continuing Education Provider Information by Occupation
- Air Conditioning and Refrigeration Contractors
- Booting Operators
- Licensed Court Interpreters
- Polygraph Examiners
- Property Tax Consultants
- Property Tax Professionals
- Registered Accessibility Specialists
- Towing Operators
- Well Driller and Pump Installers
- Post Continuing Education Rosters
- Frequently Asked Questions, Rules and Information
Towing Operator licensees must complete four hours of continuing education in courses approved by the department. The continuing education hours must include one hour in roadway safety, one hour in Texas law and rules that regulate the conduct of towing operators; and two hours in industry related topics. Refer to Section 86.250 of the Vehicle Towing Administrative Rules for additional information
Incident Management (IM) towing operator licensee renewing for the first time, must complete, in lieu of the continuing education, a professional development course relating to towing that consists of eight hours of training. The training must include at least two hours of live demonstration and hands-on training, at least two hours of classroom training; and any remaining hours in classroom training or live demonstration and hands-on training.
Each year the provider must renew their registration to offer continuing education courses. Continuing education course approvals are valid for periods of one year, assuming the provider's approval remains current throughout that time.
New continuing education courses must be approved by the Department before being offered. The provider will need to submit a course approval application prior to scheduling of any courses/seminars, a timed topic outline, the course material, and the required course approval fee.
These forms are available for download in Adobe Acrobat .pdf format. Acrobat Reader is necessary to view .pdf files. If you need to obtain a copy of this program it is available as a free download for Windows or Macintosh operating systems.
Please note the following policy regarding the filing of forms which collect a person's individual information:
"An individual who completes and files this form with the Texas Department of Licensing and Regulation (the Department) is entitled to the following from the Department:
(1) to be informed about the information that the Department collects about the individual, upon the request of the individual and subject to a few exceptions;
(2) to receive and review the information, under Sections 552.021 and 552.023 of the Texas Government Code; and
(3) to have the Department correct information about the individual that is incorrect, under Section 559.004 of the Texas Government Code."
Continuing Education Provider Application (252kb download)
Towing Operator Continuing Education Course Approval Application (74kb download)
Outline Sample Timed Topic Outline (18kb download)
Please note that the reporting of continuing education hours is the responsibility of the continuing education provider. Licensees may check their hours at the Continuing Education Courses Look Up. If the hours have not been reported, the licensee should contact the provider first to ensure that the hours are reported. If the reporting issue is not resolved, they have the option of filing a complaint.
Email Updates - You may wish to sign up for the various occupation and continuing education provider email updates.
Request for Information - firstname.lastname@example.org
Voice: (512) 463-6599 or toll free at (800) 803-9202
Fax: (512) 463-1512