To apply for a job with TDLR, submit a typed, completed State of Texas Uniform Application for Employment and return it to Human Resources. Resumes will not be accepted in lieu of State Applications. You must submit a separate application for each posting for which you want to be considered. Your education and experience must match the minimum qualifications identified on the posting. Human Resources screens all applications for minimum qualifications, and only those applicants meeting the minimum requirements and include requested documentation, such as writing samples and certificates, will be forwarded to the hiring supervisor. An applicant will be contacted directly by the hiring supervisor if selected for an interview. An acknowledgement letter will be sent to non-interviewed and non-qualified applicants. Interviewed applicants who are not selected will be contacted directly by the hiring supervisor from the division where employment was sought.
How to Apply
Applications may be downloaded from the Texas Workforce Commission. Mail, fax or email applications to:
Texas Department of Licensing and Regulation
P.O. Box 12157
Austin Texas 78711
Fax (512) 475-3377
Males between the ages of 18 and 25 must furnish proof of either selective service registration or exemption as a condition of state employment. For more information, see the Selective Service web site.
TDLR is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, or veteran status.
Those needing assistance or special accommodations during the application or selection process, please contact Human Resources at (512) 463-7184.
TDLR employs nearly 390 persons in a wide variety of professional, administrative and technical positions and provides a total compensation package that enables us to attract, motivate, and retain highly skilled and talented employees. Our employees also enjoy agency and state benefits and the opportunity to contribute toward TDLR’s vision of being the leader in public service by creating innovative, low cost and regulatory best practices, and cultivating employees who provide exceptional customer service.
TDLR was recognized as the “Model Regulatory Agency” for the state of Texas in its last Sunset Commission review and ranked one of “Austin’s Top 25 Mid-Sized Employers” by the Austin American-Statesman in 2010, 2011 and 2013. Additionally, the Texas Quality Foundation recognized TDLR with the Foundation’s Progress Level Award for outstanding organizational management and performance in 2011.
Please scroll below to find current openings. You can also sign up to receive email notices when new job openings are posted. To learn more about TDLR’s mission, goals, and what we do, please visit our Compact with Texans page. If you have any questions or comments, please call the Human Resources Office at 512-463-7184.
Applying for Jobs with TDLR
To apply for a job with TDLR, please submit a TYPED State of Texas Employment Application. Applications are only accepted for posted positions and must be submitted by 5 p.m. on the closing date.
The necessary forms and information for applying with TDLR can be found here:
- State of Texas Employment Application
- Instructions for Completing the State of Texas Application for Employment
- Employment History Continuation Sheet
Deputy Air Conditioning & Refrigeration Program Specialist (Program Specialist V or VI) — Austin (North Campus) ***REVISED***
Posting Number: 0402-14
Group/Step: B21, Position 121
Opening Date: 04/11/14
Closing Date: Until filled
Program Specialist V: $47,331-$55,980 annually
Program Specialist VI: $54,102-$63,972 annually
Deputy Chief Elevator Inspector (Program Specialist V) — Austin (North Campus) ***REVISED***
Posting Number: 0705-14
Group/Step: B21, Position 51
Opening Date: 07/28/14
Closing Date: Until filled
In addition to a positive and supportive work environment, The Texas Department of Licensing and Regulation offers a strong benefits package.
- State-paid health and life insurance plans for you;
- Optional dental plan and health insurance for your family members;
- State retirement matching contribution;
- Optional 401K and 457 Plans;
- Flexible health and dependent day care accounts;
- Optional term life insurance for you and your dependents;
- Short and long term disability insurance for you;
- Voluntary AD&D insurance;
- Retirement through the Employees Retirement System (ERS);
- Long Term Care Insurance;
- Longevity Pay;
- Direct Deposit;
- Optional after tax-contributions to a 529 Texas College Investment Plan;
- Paid sick leave accrues from your first day at work;
- Sick Leave Pool for catastrophic illnesses and injuries;
- Workers’ Compensation;
- Family Medical Leave;
- Military Leave;
- Jury Duty Leave;
- Smoke-free workplace;
- Confidential and personalized Employee Assistance Program services;
- Tuition Reimbursement Program;
- Career Paths that ensure professional growth and advancement within the agency;
- On-the-job and cross-training to develop job related skills and enrich professional growth;
- Wellness programs and activities such as yoga and massage therapy;
- Employee and family-friendly workplace;
- Flexible/Compressed work schedules;
- Paid vacation accrues from your first day worked;
- Active charitable employee associations;
- Length of Service awards;
- Generous holiday schedule;
- Employee Recognition Programs;
- Casual dress; and
- A progressive agency culture that promotes open communication, efficiency, transparency and trust.
Staff Compensation Information, as required by Government Code, Section 659.026.