- Online Renewal, Frequently Asked Questions and Other Information
- Online Application and Renewal
- Download a Printable License Renewal Letter
- Duplicate Receipt for Online License Application
- Search Legal Service Contract Licenses
- Change Contact Information Online
- Pay Penalties Online
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Guidelines for License Applicants with Criminal Convictions
- Enforcement Plan
- Criminal History Evaluation Letter
- Updates and Information by e-mail
- For-Profit Legal Service Contracts Forms, Rules and Statute
For more information about
legal service contracts, e-mail TDLR at CS.Legal.Service.Contracts
Military Service Members, Veterans, and Spouses - For more information about applying as a military spouse please go to the Military Spouse FAQs page.
The Texas Commission of Licensing and Regulation approved amendments to the For-Profit Legal Service Contracts administrative rules for companies and administrators on November 21, 2013. These amendments reduce fees across-the-board effective January 1, 2014 for initial applications and February 1, 2014 for renewals. TDLR estimates these fee reductions will save licensees $3,431 annually, with a five-year total savings of $17,155. The justification for the adoption is online.
0 – 1000 Contracts Sold
- Current Fee: $500
- NEW Fee (Jan. 1, 2014 for initial applications, Feb. 1, 2014 for renewals): $250
- Savings: 50%
1,001 – 2,500 Contracts Sold
- Current Fee: $750
- NEW Fee (Jan. 1, 2014 for initial applications, Feb. 1, 2014 for renewals): $500
- Savings: 33%
2,501 or more Contracts Sold
- Current Fee: $1000
- NEW Fee (Jan. 1, 2014 for initial applications, Feb. 1, 2014 for renewals): $750
- Savings: 25%
- Current Fee: $50
- NEW Fee (Jan. 1, 2014 for initial applications, Feb. 1, 2014 for renewals): $25
- Savings: 50%
TDLR is now accepting online payment for administrative penalties.
Keep your address current with TDLR
Legal Service Contract Online License Application
Do you know someone who wants to become a Legal Service Contract Salesperson registrant? TDLR announces a new online service that allows people to fill out an application and pay the registration fee with a credit card. It is fast and easy and most registration cards will print the next day.
TDLR wants to spread the word that new applications and registration renewals can be accomplished online at a time and place convenient to you. Help us spread the news; tell your friends, co-workers and industry associates! For further assistance call 800-803-9202 or email your questions to CS.Legal.Service.Contracts@tdlr.texas.gov.