Your Voice Matters: TDLR Strategic Planning
TDLR is pleased to announce the release of our 2015-2019 Strategic Plan, Smaller Smarter Government, Vol. 2. In writing this plan, we engaged in a thoughtful listening process with TDLR licensees, our employees and the public, and their ideas and thoughts are embedded throughout this document.
Through our face-to-face strategic planning sessions held around the state, we heard directly from those that we serve. We also listened to feedback through ImagineTDLR, a crowdsourcing website created for sharing ideas, criticisms, and suggestions for improving TDLR. We read hundreds of emails sent from licensees and the public who shared their thoughts and views, listened to public comments at advisory board and Commission meetings, and heard your voice on social media. In total, we heard from thousands of folks throughout this process, and all of those voices matter to the work we do here every day as public servants.
This was a valuable experience for all of us at TDLR, but it’s also just the beginning – the work continues as we strive to put this plan into action.
Strategic Plan for FY 2015 - 2019 (6.9 MB download)
Strategic Plan for FY 2015 - 2019 Appendices (1.0 MB download)
Strategic Plan for FY 2015 - 2019 Additional Plans (900 KB download)
In March 2014, TDLR asked licensees and the public to share their ideas and experiences related to TDLR. People participated through face-to-face meetings around the state, on an online crowdsourcing website, through social media, and by email.
Participants were asked to answer four questions:
- What does TDLR do well?
- What can TDLR do better?
- What changes would you make to TDLR if you were king or queen for a day?
- Over the next five years, what major changes will affect the way you do business and the services we provide?
We used people’s responses to help us create our strategic plan.
Below you will find links to participants’ responses organized by TDLR program. Please note, we did not receive replies concerning every program.
- Air Conditioning and Refrigeration Contractors
- Architectural Barriers
- Boiler Safety
- Combative Sports
- Elevators, Escalators and Related Equipment
- Industrialized Housing and Buildings
- Licensed Breeders
- Property Tax Consultants
- Property Tax Professionals
- Service Contract Providers
- Towing, Storage and Booting
- Used Automotive Parts Recyclers
- Vehicle Protection Product Warrantors
- Water Well Drillers and Pump Installers
- General or Uncategorized