Texas Commission of Licensing and Regulation Meeting Agenda
EMERGENCY COMMISSION MEETING AGENDA
May 18, 2021 4:00 p.m.
This meeting will take place via videoconference and will be broadcast on TDLR’s YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/TexasLicensing. The meeting agenda and materials are available on the Department’s webpage at www.tdlr.texas.gov. If you need materials in an alternate format contact the Texas Department of Licensing and Regulation as soon as possible. Phone: (512) 463-6599, E-MAIL: firstname.lastname@example.org, TDD/RELAY TEXAS: 1-800-relay-VV (for voice), 1-800-relay-TX (for TDD).
The Texas Commission of Licensing and Regulation calls this emergency meeting to take action as described below in response to an imminent threat to public health and safety. Compliance with Section 210.8(F) of the 2020 National Electrical Code can pose a serious problem with the functioning of certain types of air conditioning and heating systems, and the approaching summer heat therefore poses a serious threat to Texas residents whose air-conditioning systems have failed or are malfunctioning.
- Call to Order
- Roll Call and Certification of Quorum
- Public Comment *Comments will be limited to no more than 3 minutes*
Any person wishing to address the Commission must email the Commission liaison at Public.Comments@tdlr.texas.gov by the start of the meeting. TDLR offices will not be open for in-person public comment.
- Discussion and possible action on the emergency rulemaking adoption of amendments to an existing rule at 16 Texas Administrative Code (TAC), Chapter 75, §75.100, regarding the Air Conditioning and Refrigeration program, regarding delaying the effectiveness of Section 210.8(F) of the 2020 National Electrical Code. The effective date for this emergency rule is May 20, 2021.
- Discussion and possible action on the emergency rulemaking adoption of amendments to an existing rule at 16 Texas Administrative Code (TAC), Chapter 73, §73.100, regarding the Electricians program, regarding delaying the effectiveness of Section 210.8(F) of the 2020 National Electrical Code. The effective date for this emergency rule is May 20, 2021.
Online Public Comment Instructions
Please note: The public comment portion of the agenda is not a time to speak about pending cases. If your case is on the agenda, you will be given an opportunity to speak when your case is called.
The Texas Commission of Licensing and Regulation will accept public comments at the May 18, 2021, public meeting.
- Written comments must be submitted to Public.Comments@tdlr.texas.gov no later than 2:00 p.m. May 18, 2021.
- Written comments will be provided to Commission members for review prior to the meeting but will not be read aloud during the public meeting.
If you wish to address the Commission during the public meeting, please provide:
- your contact information to Public.Comments@tdlr.texas.gov by 2:00 p.m. May 18, 2021.
- You will receive an email invitation to join the meeting.
- You may join the meeting via computer or telephone but you must join the meeting no later than 3:30 p.m.
- After 3:30 p.m. you may submit a written comment, but you will not be admitted into the meeting
- You may be required to download software to join the meeting, test your connection early to be sure you can connect to the meeting
- You will be given up to three (3) minutes to speak.
Requests for Public Comment must include:
- Agenda Item or Specific Topic
- Email and Phone Number
- Please indicate whom you are representing, ex., attorney, yourself or other
The meeting chairperson may reduce the time provided for public comments based on the number of requests received.
**Please email your public comment request to Public.Comments@tdlr.texas.gov **
DEADLINE FOR PUBLIC COMMENT REQUEST IS 2 p.m. May 18, 2021.
Failure to provide the information requested directly above could result in your comment being delayed or taken out of order.