In order for the Texas Department of Licensing and Regulation to pursue an investigation of your Air Conditioning and Refrigeration Contractors complaint please provide all documentation and information related to your complaint. If your complaint does not contain enough information for the Department to make a determination that a violation has occurred, your complaint may not be opened for investigation.
When completing section D of this form, important information to support your complaint may include:
Documentation to support your complaint may include: (Please do not send original documents. All documents you send us will be scanned, electronically saved, and then destroyed.)
- complete explanation of your complaint
- name and license number of the person who performed work
- dates work was performed
- amount of money paid on each occasion
- date you first discovered a problem
- names, addresses, license number, and telephone numbers of any contractors or technicians who examined your air conditioner after you became dissatisfied
- names, addresses and telephone numbers of any witness you mention in your complaint
- how you found the contractor; through an advertisement, a referral, etc.
Please submit additional documentation in support of your complaint to the Department by fax (512)539-5698 or mail to TDLR, Enforcement Division, P.O. Box 12157, Austin, Texas 78711. Please do not send original documents. All documents you send us will be scanned, electronically saved, and then destroyed. Submitted documentation can only be received via e-mail, fax or regular mail. Attachments cannot be submitted with this link.
- advertisements (if advertisement is a newspaper or magazine, please include the portion showing the name and date of the newspaper or magazine)
- business cards
- proposals or bids
- receipts or invoices (please include any information that may be printed on the back page)
- proof of payment (cancelled check, credit card receipt, etc.)
- inspection report(s)
- written statements made by air conditioning contractors who examined your air conditioner after you became dissatisfied