In order for the Texas Department of Licensing and Regulation to pursue an investigation of your Vehicle Storage Facility complaint please provide all documentation and information related to your complaint. If your complaint does not contain enough information for the Department to make a determination that a violation has occurred, your complaint may not be opened for investigation.
When completing section D of this form, important information to support your complaint may include:
Documentation to support your complaint may include: (Please do not send original documents. All documents you send us will be scanned, electronically saved, and then destroyed.)
- complete explanation of your complaint
- name, address, telephone number, and license number of tow company and storage facility
- date, time and location of accident, tow, and/or storage of vehicle, etc.
- reason your vehicle was taken to the vehicle storage facility
- names of persons who gave or refused to give you information about the vehicle
- names, addresses, and telephone numbers of any involved insurance companies
- names, addresses, and telephone numbers of any witness you mention in your complaint
Please submit additional documentation in support of your complaint to the Department by fax (512)539-5698 or mail to TDLR, Enforcement Division, P.O. Box 12157, Austin, Texas 78711. Please do not send original documents. All documents you send us will be scanned, electronically saved, and then destroyed. Submitted documentation can only be received via e-mail, fax or regular mail. Attachments cannot be submitted with this link.
- accident or police reports
- business cards
- copies of correspondence to and from insurance company regarding claims
- damage estimates
- notice of rights (this may be on either side of receipt or separate document)
- notification letters
- photographs (showing violation alleged)
- written statements made to police, or insurance company