In order for the Texas Department of Licensing and Regulation to pursue an investigation of your Vehicle Booting complaint please provide all documentation and information related to your complaint. If your complaint does not contain enough information for the Department to make a determination that a violation has occurred, your complaint may not be opened for investigation.
When completing section D of this form, important information to support your complaint may include:
Documentation to support your complaint may include: (Please do not send original documents. All documents you send us will be scanned, electronically saved, and then destroyed.)
- complete explanation of your complaint
- name and address of the parking facility
- date, time and location that the boot was installed
- description of the vehicle on which the boot was installed
- name, address, and telephone number of the booting company or the manager
- names of persons who gave or refused to give you information about the vehicle
- the amount of the boot removal fee
- any parking fees you paid
- names, addresses and telephone numbers of any witness you mention in your complaint
Please submit additional documentation in support of your complaint to the Department by fax (512)539-5698 or mail to TDLR, Enforcement Division, P.O. Box 12157, Austin, Texas 78711. Please do not send original documents. All documents you send us will be scanned, electronically saved, and then destroyed. Submitted documentation can only be received via e-mail, fax or regular mail. Attachments cannot be submitted with this link.
- notice placed on vehicle
- photographs (of parking area and/or signs posted)
- written statements made to police, or insurance company