Architectural Barriers Advisory Committee Meeting
Thursday, March 31, 2022 at 10:00 a.m.
This meeting will take place via videoconference, and will be broadcast on TDLR’s YouTube channel. The meeting agenda and materials are available on the department’s webpage. If you need materials in an alternate format contact the Texas Department of Licensing and Regulation at least 5 working days before the meeting date. Phone: (512) 463-6599, TDD/RELAY TEXAS: 1-800-relay-VV (for voice), 1-800-relay-TX (for TDD).
- Call to Order
- Roll Call and Certification of Quorum
- Approval of Minutes – Meeting of June 15, 2020
- Open Government Training
- Open Meetings Act
- Administrative Procedure Act
- Public Information Act
- Public Comment
Any person wishing to address the Board must submit an Email by following the Public Comment Instructions found on the last page of this agenda or located at www.tdlr.texas.gov. Emails must be submitted to the Board liaison at firstname.lastname@example.org by 12:00 PM, March 30, 2022. TDLR offices will not be open for public comment.
- Update regarding the proposed revision to Texas Accessibility Standards.
- Discussion and appointment of Workgroup Assignments:
- Rules, Compliance, and Standards to review and make recommendations regarding Elimination of Architectural Barriers Program rules, standards, and compliance requirements, while looking at best practices from across the nation and other related matters.
- Procedures to review and make recommendations regarding Registered Accessibility Specialist Procedures, while looking at best practices from the business perspective.
- Enforcement to review and make recommendations regarding criminal conviction guidelines, the penalty matrix, and other enforcement related matters.
- Recommendations for agenda items for next Committee meeting.
- Discussion of date, time, and location of next Committee meeting.
The Architectural Barriers Advisory Committee Meeting will accept public comments for the March 31, 2022 meeting.
Written comments must be submitted to Board.Comments@tdlr.texas.gov no later than 12:00 p.m. on March 30, 2022. Comments will be provided to the Committee members for their review prior to the meeting but will not be read publicly during the public meeting.
If you wish to address the Committee during the public meeting, please provide your contact information to Board.Comments@tdlr.texas.gov by 12:00 p.m. on March 30, 2022. During the meeting, you will receive an email with a link to join the meeting. You will be given no more than three (3) minutes to speak. The Presiding Officer may reduce the time provided for public comments based on the number of requests received. Ensure that you have a reliable connection and clear audio.
**Please email your public comment request to Board.Comments@tdlr.texas.gov. **
DEADLINE FOR PUBLIC COMMENT REQUESTS IS 12:00 PM, MARCH 30, 2022.
Email request for Public Comment must include:
- Agenda Item or Specific Topic
- Please indicate whom you are representing. Ex: attorney, yourself or other
Failure to provide the information requested directly above could request in your comment being delayed or taken out of order.