Air Conditioning and Refrigeration Contractors Advisory Board Meeting
Texas Department of Licensing and Regulation
AIR CONDITIONING AND REFRIGERATION CONTRACTORS ADVISORY BOARD MEETING
Wednesday, June 30, 2021 at 10:00 a.m.
This meeting will take place via videoconference, and will be broadcast on TDLR’s YouTube channel. https://www.youtube.com/user/TexasLicensing The meeting agenda and materials will be available on the department’s webpage at www.tdlr.texas.gov. If you need materials in an alternate format contact the Texas Department of Licensing and Regulation at least 5 working days before the meeting date. Phone: (512) 463-6599, TDD/RELAY TEXAS: 1-800-relay-VV (for voice), 1-800-relay-TX (for TDD).
- Call to Order
- Roll Call, Introduction of new board member James Graves, Jr., and Certification of Quorum
Advisory Board Member Training
- Open Meetings Act
- Public Information Act
- Administrative Procedure Act
- Approval of Minutes – Meeting of October 20, 2020
- Public Comment
Any person wishing to address the Board must submit an email by following the Public Comment Instructions found on the last page of this agenda or located at www.tdlr.texas.gov. Emails must be submitted to firstname.lastname@example.org by 12:00 PM, June 29, 2021. TDLR offices will not be open for public comment.
Staff Reports – Briefing from staff and discussion:
Customer Service Division
- Personnel Updates
- Case Highlights
Education and Examination Division
Regulatory Program Management Division
- Personnel Updates
- Current Projects
- Discussion concerning Section 210.8(f) of the 2020 National Electrical Code
- COVID-19 Response Update
- 87th Legislative Session Update
- Communication Outreach Statistics
- Licensing Division
- Discussion and possible recommendation on the proposed amendments to an existing rule at 16 Texas Administrative Code (TAC), Chapter 75, §75.100, regarding the Air Conditioning and Refrigeration Contractors Program. The proposed new rule amends §75.100 by adding new subsection (a)(5) to state that compliance with Section 210.8(F) of the 2020 NEC is not required until January 1, 2023.
- Recommendations for agenda items for next Board meeting
- Discussion of date, time, and location of next Board meeting
The Air Conditioning and Refrigeration Contractors Advisory Board will accept public comments for the June 30, 2021 meeting.
Written comments must be submitted to Board.Comments@tdlr.texas.gov no later than 12:00 p.m. on June 29, 2021. Comments will be provided to the Board members for their review prior to the meeting but will not be read publicly during the public meeting.
If you wish to address the Board during the public meeting, please provide your contact information to Board.Comments@tdlr.texas.gov by 12:00 p.m. on June 29, 2021. During the meeting, you will receive an email with a link to join the meeting. You will be given up to three (3) minutes to speak. The Presiding Officer may reduce the time provided for public comments based on the number of requests received. Ensure that you have a reliable connection and clear audio.
**Please email your public comment request to Board.Comments@tdlr.texas.gov. **
DEADLINE FOR PUBLIC COMMENT REQUESTS IS 12:00 PM, JUNE 29, 2021
Email request for Public Comment must include:
- Agenda Item or Specific Topic
- Telephone number
- Please indicate whom you are representing. Ex: attorney, yourself or other
Failure to provide the information requested directly above could result in your comment being delayed or taken out of order.