Advisory Board of Athletic Trainers Meeting
Texas Department of Licensing and Regulation
ADVISORY BOARD OF ATHLETIC TRAINERS MEETING
Monday, June 22, 2020 at 9:30 a.m.
VIDEO CONFERENCE MEETING
This meeting will take place via videoconference and will be broadcast on TDLR’s YouTube channel at https://www.youtube.com/user/TexasLicensing. The meeting agenda and materials are available on the department’s webpage at www.tdlr.texas.gov. If you need materials in an alternate format, contact the Texas Department of Licensing and Regulation at least five working days before the meeting date. Phone: (512) 463-6599, E-MAIL: firstname.lastname@example.org , TDD/RELAY TEXAS: 1-800-relay-VV (for voice), 1-800-relay-TX (for TDD).
- A. Call to Order
- B. Roll Call, Certification of Quorum, and Introductions
- C. Training
- 1. Meeting Protocol and Best Practices
- 2. Public Comments
- 3. Public Participation
- D. Approval of minutes – December 2, 2019 meeting
- E. Public Comment
- Any person wishing to address the Board must submit an Email by following the Public Comment Instructions found on the last page of the agenda or located at www.tdlr.texas.gov. Emails must be submitted to the Board liaison at email@example.com by 4:00 PM, June 18, 2020. TDLR office will not be open for public comment.
- F. Discussion and possible recommendation on the proposed amendments to existing rules at 16 Texas Administrative Code (TAC), Chapter 110, §§110.21, 110.23, 110.30, and 110.70, regarding the Athletic Trainers program. The proposed amendments make changes to certain licensing requirements; make clean-up changes; add a non-exclusive list of domains that may be tested on the Texas written examination; change the term of a temporary license; and remove a prohibition on using testimonials in advertising. The proposed amendments include recommendations from a workgroup of the Advisory Board of Athletic Trainers and recommendations from staff. This agenda item includes discussion of public comments received on the proposed amendments.
- G. Discussion and possible recommendation on the proposed amendments to the existing rule at 16 TAC §110.24, regarding the Athletic Trainers program. The proposed amendments implement House Bill (HB) 2059, 86th Legislature, Regular Session (2019), which requires licensees to complete a human trafficking prevention training course.
- H. Discussion of HB 2059, 86th Legislature, Regular Session (2019) and possible assignment to workgroup to study whether the required human trafficking prevention training should count toward the required continuing education hours for athletic trainers.
- I. Staff Report from Executive Office
- 1. COVID-19 Response
- 2. Strategic Planning Update
- 3. Sunset Commission Staff Report
- J. Recommendations for agenda items for next Board meeting
- K. Discussion of date, time, and location of next Board meeting
- L. Adjournment
The Advisory Board of Athletic Trainers will accept public comment for the June 22, 2020 meeting.
Written comments must be submitted to Public.Comments@tdlr.texas.gov by no later than 4:00 p.m. on Thursday, June 18, 2020. Comments will be provided to the Board members for their review prior to the meeting, but will not be read aloud during the public meeting.
If you wish to address the Board during the public meeting, please provide your contact information to Public.Comments@tdlr.texas.gov by 4:00 p.m. on Thursday, June 18, 2020. During the meeting, you will receive an email with a link to join the meeting. You will be given no more than three (3) minutes to speak. The presiding officer may reduce the time provided for public comments based on the number of requests received. Ensure that you have a reliable connection and clear audio.
**Please email your public comment request to Public.Comments@tdlr.texas.gov . **
DEADLINE FOR PUBLIC COMMENT REQUEST IS 4:00 PM, THURSDAY, JUNE 18, 2020.
Email request for Public Comment must include:
- Agenda Item or Specific Topic
- Telephone number
- Please indicate whom you are representing. Ex: attorney, yourself or other
Failure to provide the information requested directly above could result in your comment being delayed or taken out of order.