Behavior Analyst Advisory Board Meeting Agenda
Wednesday, November 4, 2020 at 10:00 a.m.
This meeting will take place via videoconference, and will be broadcast on TDLR’s YouTube channel. If you need materials in an alternate format contact the Texas Department of Licensing and Regulation at least 5 working days before the meeting date. Phone: (512) 463-6599, E-MAIL: email@example.com, TDD/RELAY TEXAS: 1-800-relay-VV (for voice), 1-800-relay-TX (for TDD).
- Call to Order
- Roll Call and Certification of Quorum
- Advisory Board Member Training
- Videoconference Meeting Conduct
- Public Comments
- Public Participation
- Approval of Minutes –Meeting of January 29, 2020
- Public Comment
Any person wishing to address the Board must submit an email by following the Public Comment Instructions found on the last page of this agenda or located at www.tdlr.texas.gov. Emails must be submitted to firstname.lastname@example.org by 12:00 PM, November 3, 2020. TDLR offices will not be open for public comment.
- Staff Reports – Briefing from Staff and discussion:
- Licensing Division
- Customer Service Division
- Enforcement Division
- Personnel Updates
- Regulatory Program Management
- Current Projects
- Executive Office
- COVID-19 Response
- Strategic Planning Update
- Legislative Appropriation Requests Update
- Sunset Commission Staff Report, TDLR Response, and Review Process Update
- Communication Outreach Statistics
- Licensing Division
- Workgroup reports – updates, discussion and possible recommendation:
(1) Standard of Care Workgroup – Review of the activities of the workgroup to develop the draft rules for the practice of telehealth by behavior analyst license holders.
(2) Licensing Workgroup – Review and study of the Qualified Applied Behavior Analysis Credentialing Board’s (QABA®) Qualified Autism Services Practitioner Supervisor (QASP-S®) Certification standards and requirements.
- Discussion and possible recommendation on the proposed new rules and amendments to existing rules at 16 Texas Administrative Code (TAC), Chapter 121, §§ 121.10, 121.21, 121.22, 121.70, 121.75, and new 121.71, regarding the Behavior Analysts program. The proposed new rules and amendments provide standards and responsibilities for the provision of behavior analysis using telehealth services, add relevant definitions, update cross references, and make minor editorial changes. The proposed new rules and amendments include recommendations from the Standard of Care Workgroup of the Behavior Analyst Advisory Board.
- Discussion and possible recommendation regarding recognizing the Qualified Applied Behavior Analysis Credentialing Board (QABA®) as a department-approved certifying entity and accepting the Qualified Autism Services Practitioner Supervisor (QASP-S®) Certification for a Texas Assistant Behavior Analyst license.
- Discussion and possible action to assign topics for consideration to workgroups.
- Recommendations for agenda items for next Board meeting
- Discussion of date, time, and location of next Board meeting
The Behavior Analyst Advisory Board will accept public comment for the November 4, 2020 meeting.
Written comments must be submitted to Board.Comments@tdlr.texas.gov no later than 12:00 p.m. on Tuesday, November 3, 2020. Comments will be provided to the Board members for their review prior to the meeting but will not be read publicly during the public meeting.
If you wish to address the Board during the public meeting, please provide your contact information to Board.Comments@tdlr.texas.gov by 12:00 p.m. on Tuesday, November 3, 2020. During the meeting, you will receive an email with a link to join the meeting. You will be given up to three (3) minutes to speak. The Presiding Officer may reduce the time provided for public comments based on the number of requests received. Ensure that you have a reliable connection and clear audio.
**Please email your public comment request to Board.Comments@tdlr.texas.gov. **
DEADLINE FOR PUBLIC COMMENT REQUESTS IS
12:00 PM, TUESDAY, NOVEMBER 3, 2020.
Email request for Public Comment must include:
- Agenda Item or Specific Topic
- Telephone number
- Please indicate whom you are representing. Ex: attorney, yourself or other
Failure to provide the information requested directly above could result in your comment being delayed or taken out of order.