Board of Boiler Rules Meeting Agenda
Thursday, August 6, 2020 - 1:30 p.m.
This meeting will take place via videoconference and will be broadcast on TDLR’s YouTube channel. If you need materials in an alternate format, contact the Texas Department of Licensing and Regulation at least five working days before the meeting date. Phone: (512) 463-6599, TDD/RELAY TEXAS: 1-800-relay-VV (for voice), 1-800-relay-TX (for TDD).
- Call to Order
- Roll Call, Certification of Quorum, and Introductions
- Advisory Board Member Training
- Videoconference Meeting Conduct
- Public Comments
- Public Participation
- Approval of minutes – February 26, 2020 meeting
- Public Comment
Any person wishing to address the Board must submit an email by following the Public Comment Instructions found on the last page of this agenda or located at tdlr.texas.gov. Emails must be submitted to firstname.lastname@example.org by 12:00 PM, August 5, 2020. TDLR offices will not be open for public comment.
- Discussion and possible recommendation on the proposed amendments to existing rules at 16 Texas Administrative Code (TAC), Chapter 65, Subchapter A, §65.2, and Subchapter I, §65.64, regarding the Boilers program. The proposed amendments simplify and clarify the process to apply for extensions of the internal inspection interval for boilers (extensions) in §65.64; add specific conditions under which boiler operators may obtain extensions; and add four new related definitions to §65.2. The proposed rules are necessary to provide clarity and certainty to boiler operators to plan the frequency of internal inspections. Health and Safety Code §755.026 provides for the availability of extensions and the proposed rules supply additional specific conditions under which the Department may approve the extensions. This agenda item includes discussion of the public comments received on the proposed amendments as well as comments received in response to prior similar extension rule proposals to which the department has not yet responded.
- Staff Reports
- Executive Office Update
- COVID-19 Response
- Strategic Planning Process
- Sunset Commission Staff Report and TDLR’s Response
- Communication Outreach Statistics
- Executive Office Update
- Recommendations for agenda items for next Board meeting
- Discussion of date, time, and location of next Board meeting
The Board of Boiler Rules will accept public comment for the August 6, 2020 meeting.
Written comments must be submitted to Public.Comments@tdlr.texas.gov no later than 12:00 p.m. on Wednesday, August 5, 2020. Comments will be provided to the Board members for their review prior to the meeting but will not be read aloud during the public meeting.
If you wish to address the Board during the public meeting, please provide your contact information to Public.Comments@tdlr.texas.gov by 12:00 p.m. on Wednesday, August 5, 2020. During the meeting, you will receive an email with a link to join the meeting. You will be given up to three (3) minutes to speak. The presiding officer may reduce the time provided for public comments based on the number of requests received. Ensure that you have a reliable connection and clear audio.
**Please email your public comment request to Public.Comments@tdlr.texas.gov. **
DEADLINE FOR PUBLIC COMMENT REQUESTS IS 12:00 PM, WEDNESDAY, AUGUST 5, 2020.
Email request for Public Comment must include:
- Agenda Item or Specific Topic
- Telephone number
- Please indicate whom you are representing. Ex: attorney, yourself or other
Failure to provide the information requested directly above could result in your comment being delayed or taken out of order.