Board of Boiler Rules Meeting
Monday, August 19, 2019 - 1:30 p.m.
North Campus Building, 1st Floor Public Meeting Room
1106 Clayton Lane, Suite 125 E, Austin, Texas 78723
If you require auxiliary aids, services or materials in an alternate format contact the Texas Department of Licensing and Regulation at least 5 working days prior to the meeting date. Phone: (512) 475-4765, FAX: (512) 475-2874, E-MAIL: email@example.com, TDD/RELAY TEXAS: 1-800-relay-VV (for voice), 1-800-relay-TX (for TDD).
Watch the meeting on TDLR's YouTube channel at https://www.youtube.com/user/TexasLicensing.
- Call to Order
- Roll Call, Certification of Quorum and Introductions
- Training for Advisory Board Members
- Open Meetings Act
- Public Information Act
- Administrative Procedure Act
- Approval of Minutes – Meeting of December 5, 2018
- Public Comment
**Any person wishing to address the Advisory Board should complete a Public Comment Form and submit it to the Advisory Board Support Staff**
- Staff Reports – Briefing from staff and discussion:
- Licensing Division
- Customer Service Division
- Enforcement Division
- Highlights of Selected Cases
- Education and Examination Division
- Regulatory Program Management Division
- Personnel Update– new hires, promotions, and Certifications obtained
- Public Outreach – Trainings, Attendance at Industry and Association Meetings and other outreach activities
- New Software – introduction to new JO permitting module
- Executive Office
- Personnel Updates
- Updates from the 86th Legislature, Regular Session 2019
- Communication Outreach Statistics
- Licensing Division
- Update from Extensions Task Group.
- Discussion and possible recommendation for publication of proposed amendments to the rules under 16 Texas Administrative Code (TAC), Chapter 65, amending existing §§65.2, 65.12, and 65.64, and possible additional sections. The proposed rules implement Article 6, §6.002 of House Bill (H.B.) 2847, 86th Leg., Regular Session (R.S.) (2019), which removed the requirement to post boiler certificates of operation under glass. The proposed amendments also implement recommendations from the Board of Boiler Rules, staff, and stakeholders for more specific conditions for qualifying for the extension of the internal inspection interval as allowed by Texas Boiler Law §755.026.
- Recommendations for agenda items for next meeting
- Discussion of date, time, and location of next meeting