Board of Boiler Rules Meeting
Thursday, November 7, 2019 - 10:00 a.m.
North Campus Building, 1st Floor Public Meeting Room
1106 Clayton Lane, Suite 125 E, Austin, Texas 78723
If you require auxiliary aids, services or materials in an alternate format contact the Texas Department of Licensing and Regulation at least 5 working days prior to the meeting date. Phone: (512) 475-4765, FAX: (512) 475-2874, E-MAIL: email@example.com, TDD/RELAY TEXAS: 1-800-relay-VV (for voice), 1-800-relay-TX (for TDD).
Watch the meeting on TDLR's YouTube channel at https://www.youtube.com/user/TexasLicensing.
- Call to Order
- Roll Call, Certification of Quorum and Introductions
- Approval of Minutes – Meeting of December 5, 2018
- Public Comment
**Any person wishing to address the Advisory Board should complete a Public Comment Form and submit it to the Advisory Board Support Staff**
- Staff Reports – Briefing from staff and discussion:
- Licensing Division
- Customer Service Division
- Enforcement Division
- Highlights of Selected Cases
- Education and Examination Division
- Regulatory Program Management Division
- Personnel Update – Certifications obtained
- Public Outreach – Trainings, Attendance at Industry and Association Meetings and other outreach activities
- Executive Office
- Personnel Updates
- Communication Outreach Statistics
- Sunset Review Process
- Licensing Division
- Discussion and possible recommendation for adoption of amendments to the rules under 16 Texas Administrative Code, Chapter 65, Subchapter A, §65.2; Subchapter C, §65.12; and Subchapter I, §65.64; and discussion of the public comment received. The proposed amendments implement §6.002 of House Bill (HB) 2847, Article 6, 86th Legislature. Regular Session (2019), which amends Health and Safety Code §755.029(c), removing the requirement to post boiler certificates of operation under glass. The proposed rules also add four new definitions and specify conditions under which boiler operators may obtain extensions of the interval between internal boiler inspections.
- Discussion and possible recommendation for publication of proposed amendments to the rules under 16 Texas Administrative Code (TAC), Chapter 65, Subchapter A, §65.2; Subchapter C, §65.13; Subchapter N, §§65.206 and 65.214; Subchapter O, §65.300; and Subchapter R, §§65.603 and 65.607.
- Discussion regarding blow down separators and possible recommendation to create a Task Group to further examine issues and report to Board of Boiler Rules.
- Recommendations for agenda items for next meeting
- Discussion of date, time, and location of next meeting