Continuing Education Providers for Air Conditioning and Refrigeration Contractors
Air Conditioning and Refrigeration Contractors must complete eight (8) hours of continuing education in courses approved by the Department. One of the eight hours must be instruction on Texas laws and rules that regulate the conduct of Air Conditioning and Refrigeration Contractors. The other seven hours must be courses taken in one or more of the following subjects:
- Texas Occupations Code, Chapter 1302, Air Conditioning and Refrigeration Contractors.
- Title 16, Texas Administrative Code, Chapter 75, Air Conditioning and Refrigeration Administrative Rules.
- The International Mechanical Code, the Uniform Mechanical Code, or other applicable codes.
- Business practices.
- Technical requirements.
Each year the provider must renew their registration in order to offer continuing education courses. Course approvals are valid for periods of one (1) year, assuming the provider's approval remains current throughout that time.
New continuing education courses must be approved by the Department before being offered. The provider will need to submit a course approval application prior to scheduling of any courses/seminars, a timed topic outline, the course material, and the required course approval fee.
These forms are available for download in Adobe Acrobat .pdf format. Acrobat Reader is necessary to view .pdf files. If you need to obtain a copy of this program it is available as a free download for Windows or Macintosh operating systems.
Please note the following policy regarding the filing of forms which collect a person's individual information:
"An individual who completes and files this form with the Texas Department of Licensing and Regulation (the Department) is entitled to the following from the Department:
(1) to be informed about the information that the Department collects about the individual, upon the request of the individual and subject to a few exceptions;
(2) to receive and review the information, under Sections 552.021 and 552.023 of the Texas Government Code; and
(3) to have the Department correct information about the individual that is incorrect, under Section 559.004 of the Texas Government Code."
ACR Continuing Education Course Approval Application updated February 2019
Outline Sample Timed Topic Outline
Please note that the reporting of continuing education hours is the responsibility of the continuing education provider. Licensees may check their hours at the Continuing Education Courses Look Up. If the hours have not been reported, the licensee should contact the provider first to ensure that the hours are reported. If the reporting issue is not resolved, they have the option of filing a complaint.
Email Updates - You may wish to sign up for the various occupation and continuing education provider email updates.
Request for Information - firstname.lastname@example.org
Voice: (512) 463-6599 or toll free at (800) 803-9202
Fax: (512) 463-1512