Driver Training and Traffic Safety Advisory Committee Meeting
Wednesday, July 14, 2021 at 10:00 a.m.
This meeting will take place via videoconference, and will be broadcast on TDLR’s YouTube channel. https://www.youtube.com/user/TexasLicensing. The meeting agenda and materials will be available on the department’s webpage at www.tdlr.texas.gov. If you need materials in an alternate format contact the Texas Department of Licensing and Regulation at least 5 working days before the meeting date. Phone: (512) 463-6599, E-MAIL: firstname.lastname@example.org, TDD/RELAY TEXAS: 1-800-relay-VV (for voice), 1-800-relay-TX (for TDD).
- Call to Order
- Roll Call and Certification of Quorum
- Approval of Minutes – Meeting of March 10, 2021
- Public Comment
Any person wishing to address the Committee must submit an email by following the Public Comment Instructions found on the last page of this agenda or located at www.tdlr.texas.gov. Emails must be submitted to email@example.com by 12:00 PM, July 13, 2021 TDLR offices will not be open for public comment.
- Personnel Updates
Customer Service Division
- Personal Updates
- Personnel Updates
Education and Examination Division
- Current Projects
Field Inspections Division
- Current Projects
- COVID-19 Response Update
- 87th Legislative Session and Bill Implementation Update
- Communication Outreach Statistics
- Licensing Division
- Discussion and possible recommendation on the proposed new rule at 16 Texas Administrative Code, Chapter 84, Subchapter A, §84.3; and amendments to existing rules at Subchapter C, §84.44 and §84.45; Subchapter D, §84.50; Subchapter L, §84.400; Subchapter M, §§84.500-84.506; and Subchapter N, §84.600, regarding the Driver Education and Safety Program. The proposed rules complete the implementation of House Bill (HB) 105, 86th Legislature, Regular Session (2019), by requiring the curriculum of a specialized driving safety course to include information relating to methods of safely operating a motor vehicle near an oversize or overweight vehicle. The proposed rules also implement a recommendation by the Curriculum Rules Workgroup and Department staff to transfer rule text relevant to the required course content and minimum instruction requirements for driver training courses from 16 TAC, Chapter 84, to Department created and published program guides for use by licensees. This agenda item includes discussion of any public comments received on the proposed rules.
- Recognition and appreciation of the Driver Training and Traffic Safety Advisory Committee for their dedication to public service.
The Driver Training and Traffic Safety Advisory Committee will accept public comments for the July 14, 2021 meeting.
Written comments must be submitted to Board.Comments@tdlr.texas.gov no later than 12:00 p.m. on July 13, 2021. Comments will be provided to the Committee members for their review prior to the meeting but will not be read publicly during the public meeting.
If you wish to address the Committee during the public meeting, please provide your contact information to Board.Comments@tdlr.texas.gov by 12:00 p.m. on July 13, 2021. During the meeting, you will receive an email with a link to join the meeting. You will be given up to three (3) minutes to speak. The Presiding Officer may reduce the time provided for public comments based on the number of requests received. Ensure that you have a reliable connection and clear audio.
**Please email your public comment request to Board.Comments@tdlr.texas.gov. **
DEADLINE FOR PUBLIC COMMENT REQUESTS IS
12:00 PM, July 13, 2021
Email request for Public Comment must include:
- Agenda Item or Specific Topic
- Telephone number
- Please indicate whom you are representing. Ex: attorney, yourself or other
Failure to provide the information requested directly above could result in your comment being delayed or taken out of order.