Electrical Safety and Licensing Advisory Board
Texas Department of Licensing and Regulation
ELECTRICAL SAFETY AND LICENSING ADVISORY BOARD MEETING
Thursday, June 11, 2020 – 1:00 p.m.
This meeting will take place via videoconference and will be broadcast on TDLR’s YouTube channel at https://www.youtube.com/user/TexasLicensing. The meeting agenda and materials are available on the department’s webpage at www.tdlr.texas.gov. If you need materials in an alternate format, contact the Texas Department of Licensing and Regulation at least 5 working days before the meeting date. Phone: (512) 463-6599, TDD/RELAY TEXAS: 1-800-relay-VV (for voice), 1-800-relay-TX (for TDD).
Watch the meeting on TDLR's YouTube channel at – https://www.youtube.com/user/TexasLicensing
- Call to Order
- Roll Call, Certification of Quorum, and Introductions
- Approval of minutes – January 8, 2020 meeting
- Meeting Conduct
- Public Comments
- Public Participation
- Public Comment - Any person wishing to address the Board must submit an Email by following the Public Comment Instructions found on the last page of this agenda or located at www.tdlr.texas.gov. Emails must be submitted to the Board liaison at email@example.com by 12:00 PM, June 10, 2020. TDLR offices will not be open for public comment.
- Discussion and possible recommendation on proposed amendments to an existing rule at 16 Texas Administrative Code (TAC), Chapter 73, §73.100, regarding the Electricians program. The proposed amendments are necessary to adopt the 2020 National Electrical Code as required by the Texas Electrical Safety and Licensing Act, Occupations Code, §1305.101(a). This agenda item includes discussion of the public comments received on the proposed amendments.
- Staff Reports – Briefing from staff and discussion
- Executive Office Update
- COVID-19 Response
- Strategic Planning Process
- Sunset Commission Staff Report
- Executive Office Update
- Recommendations for agenda items for next Board meeting
- Discussion of date, time, and location of next Board meeting
Electrical Safety and Licensing Advisory Board Meeting
June 11, 2020
The Electrical Safety and Licensing Advisory Board will accept public comment for the June 11, 2020 meeting.
Written comments must be submitted to Public.Comments@tdlr.texas.gov no later than 12:00 p.m. on Wednesday, June 10, 2020. Comments will be provided to the Board members for their review prior to the meeting, but will not be read aloud during the public meeting.
If you wish to address the Board during the public meeting, please provide your contact information to Public.Comments@tdlr.texas.gov by 12:00 p.m. on Wednesday, June 10, 2020. During the meeting, you will receive an email with a link and a phone number to join the meeting. You will be given no more than three (3) minutes to speak. The presiding officer may reduce the time provided for public comments based on the number of requests received. Ensure that you have a reliable connection and clear audio.
**Please email your public comment request to Public.Comments@tdlr.texas.gov. **
DEADLINE FOR PUBLIC COMMENT REQUESTS IS 12:00 PM, WEDNESDAY, JUNE 10, 2020.
Email requests for Public Comment must include:
- Agenda Item or Specific Topic
- Please indicate whom you are representing. Ex: attorney, yourself or other
Failure to provide the information requested directly above could result in your comment being delayed or taken out of order.