Hearing Instrument Fitters and Dispensers Advisory Board Meeting
Thursday, January 3, 2019 - 10:00 a.m.
North Campus, 1st Floor Public Meeting Room #125E
1106 Clayton Lane, Austin, Texas
If you require auxiliary aids, services or materials in an alternate format contact the Texas Department of Licensing and Regulation at least 5 working days prior to the meeting date. Phone: (512) 463-6599, FAX: (512) 475-2874, E-MAIL: firstname.lastname@example.org, TDD/RELAY TEXAS: 1-800-relay-VV (for voice), 1-800-relay-TX (for TDD).
Watch the meeting on TDLR's YouTube channel at https://www.youtube.com/user/TexasLicensing
- Call to Order
- Roll Call, Certification of Quorum, and Introductions
- Training for Advisory Board Members
- Open Meetings Act
- Public Information Act
- Administrative Procedure Act
- Approval of Minutes – May 30, 2018 Meeting
- Public Comment
**Any person wishing to address the Advisory Board should complete a Public Comment Form and submit it to the Advisory Board Support Staff**
- Staff Reports
- Licensing Division
- Customer Service Division
- Enforcement Division
- Education and Examination Division
- Regulatory Program Management Division
- Update and discussion regarding Hearing Instrument Fitters and Dispensers program activities
- Public Outreach
- Medical and Health Professions Section Update
- Executive Office
- Overview of TDLR’s Strategic Plan for Fiscal Years 2019-2023
- Overview of TDLR’s Legislative Appropriations Request for Fiscal Years 2020-2021
- Communication Outreach Statistics
- General Counsel’s Office
- Update on rulemaking petition regarding 16 Texas Administrative Code (TAC), Chapter §112.95, Information on Prospective Amplification Candidates
- Licensing Division
- Discussion and possible recommendations regarding proposed amendments to existing rules at 16 Texas Administrative Code (TAC), Chapter 112, Subchapter F, §§112.50, 112.52, and 112.53, related to the Hearing Instrument Fitters and Dispensers program. The proposed rules implement H.B. 4007, 85th Legislature, Regular Session (2017) and make other clean-up changes regarding the temporary training permits. This agenda item includes discussion of the public comments received on the proposed rules.
- Discussion and possible recommendations regarding proposed amendments to existing rule at 16 Texas Administrative Code (TAC), Chapter 112, Subchapter C, §112.25, related to the Hearing Instrument Fitters and Dispensers program. The proposed rule updates the requirements regarding examination proctors and includes recommendations from the Education and Examination Workgroup.
- Update from workgroup and possible recommendations:
- Standard of Care Workgroup – Review and study of American National Standards Institute (ANSI) standards and rules under 16 Texas Administrative Code (TAC) Chapter 112, regarding audiometric testing and audiometric test rooms.
- Recommendations for agenda items for next Board meeting
- Discussion of date, time, and location of next Board meeting