Hearing Instrument Fitters and Dispensers Advisory Board
Friday, August 6, 2021, at 1:30 p.m.
This meeting will take place via videoconference and will be broadcast on TDLR’s YouTube channel at https://www.youtube.com/user/TexasLicensing. The meeting agenda and materials will be available on the department’s webpage at www.tdlr.texas.gov. If you need materials in an alternate format, contact the Texas Department of Licensing and Regulation at least five working days before the meeting date. Phone: (512) 463-6599, TDD/RELAY TEXAS: 1-800-relay-VV (for voice), 1-800-relay-TX (for TDD).
- Call to Order
- Roll Call, Introduction of new board member, Dustin Potter and Certification of Quorum
- Approval of Minutes – Meeting of September 24, 2019
- Public Comment
Any person wishing to address the Board must submit an Email by following the Public Comment Instructions found on the last page of this agenda or located at www.tdlr.texas.gov. Emails must be submitted to the Board liaison at email@example.com by 12:00 PM, on August 5, 2021. TDLR offices will not be open for public comment.
- Discussion regarding the purpose of the waivers granted by the Governor during the COVID-19 pandemic and the proposed emergency rulemaking to ensure continuity of services to clients through telehealth.
- Discussion and possible recommendation on the emergency proposed amendments to an existing rule at 16 Texas Administrative Code (TAC), Chapter 112, Subchapter P, §112.150, regarding the Hearing Instrument Fitters and Dispensers program. This emergency rulemaking is necessary to ensure that services to clients may continue to be provided through telehealth as was allowed under the waivers that were granted by the Governor during the COVID-19 pandemic. This emergency rulemaking also reflects the change in the statutory authority regarding telehealth. This emergency rulemaking is necessary to protect the public health, safety, and welfare.
- Discussion of next steps in adopting the emergency rules as permanent rules.
- Discussion of date, time, and location of next Board meeting
The Hearing Instrument Fitters and Dispensers Advisory Board will accept public comment for the August 6, 2021, meeting.
Written comments must be submitted to Board.Comments@tdlr.texas.gov by no later than 12:00 p.m. on August 5, 2021. Comments will be provided to the Board members for their review prior to the meeting but will not be read aloud during the public meeting.
If you wish to address the Board during the public meeting, please provide your contact information to Board.Comments@tdlr.texas.gov by 12:00 p.m. on August 5, 2021. During the meeting, you will receive an email with a link to join the meeting. You will be given up to three (3) minutes to speak. The presiding officer may reduce the time provided for public comments based on the number of requests received. Ensure that you have a reliable connection and clear audio.
**Please email your public comment request to Board.Comments@tdlr.texas.gov. **
DEADLINE FOR PUBLIC COMMENT REQUESTS IS 12:00 PM, ON AUGUST 5, 2021.
Email request for Public Comment must include:
- Agenda Item or Specific Topic
- Telephone number
- Please indicate whom you are representing. Ex: attorney, yourself or other
Failure to provide the information requested directly above could result in your comment being delayed or taken out of order.