Hearing Instrument Fitters and Dispensers Advisory Board
Tuesday, November 9, 2021, at 10:00 a.m.
This meeting will take place via videoconference and will be broadcast on TDLR’s YouTube channel at https://www.youtube.com/user/TexasLicensing. The meeting agenda and materials will be available on the department’s webpage at www.tdlr.texas.gov. If you need materials in an alternate format, contact the Texas Department of Licensing and Regulation at least five working days before the meeting date. Phone: (512) 463-6599, TDD/RELAY TEXAS: 1-800-relay-VV (for voice), 1-800-relay-TX (for TDD).
- Call to Order
- Roll Call and Certification of Quorum
- Approval of minutes – Meeting of August 25, 2021
- Public Comment
Any person wishing to address the Board must submit an Email by following the Public Comment Instructions found on the last page of this agenda or located at www.tdlr.texas.gov. Emails must be submitted to the Board liaison at email@example.com by 12:00 PM on November 8, 2021. TDLR offices will not be open for public comment.
- Staff Reports
- Licensing Division
- Customer Service Division
- Enforcement Division
- Personnel Update
- Education and Examination Division
- Regulatory Program Management Division
- Current Projects
- Notice regarding the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) proposed rule, Establishing Over-the-Counter Hearing Aids, and the updated draft guidance, Regulatory Requirements for Hearing Aid Devices and Personal Sound Amplification Products.
- Public Outreach
- Executive Office
- 87th Legislative Session and Bill Implementation Update
- Communication Outreach Statistics
- Licensing Division
- Discussion and possible recommendation on the proposed amendments to an existing rule at 16 Texas Administrative Code (TAC), Chapter 112, Subchapter A, 112.2; the proposed new rules at Subchapter N, §112.130 and §112.132; and the proposed repeal of an existing rule at Subchapter P, §112.150, regarding the Hearing Instrument Fitters and Dispensers program. The proposed rules implement the telehealth emergency rules on a permanent basis; implement SB 40, 87th Legislature, Regular Session (2021); and include changes as a result of the four-year rule review related to telehealth. The proposed rules also reorganize the current provisions. This agenda item includes discussion of any public comments received on the proposed rules.
- Workgroup Assignments, Updates, and Reports
- Education and Examination Workgroup Update concerning public comment received during previous advisory board meeting.
- Education and Examination Workgroup Update and Assignment – Continuing education rule changes related to HB 1560, Article 1, 87th Legislature, Regular Session (2021).
- Recommendations for agenda items for next Board meeting
- Discussion of date, time, and location of next Board meeting
The Hearing Instrument Fitters and Dispensers Advisory Board will accept public comments for the November 9, 2021, meeting.
Written comments must be submitted to Board.Comments@tdlr.texas.gov no later than 12:00 p.m. on November 8, 2021. Comments will be provided to the Board members for their review prior to the meeting but will not be read aloud during the public meeting.
If you wish to address the Board during the public meeting, please provide your contact information to Board.Comments@tdlr.texas.gov by 12:00 p.m. on November 8, 2021. During the meeting, you will receive an email with a link to join the meeting. You will be given up to three (3) minutes to speak. The presiding officer may reduce the time provided for public comments based on the number of requests received. Ensure that you have a reliable connection and clear audio.
**Please email your public comment request to Board.Comments@tdlr.texas.gov. **
DEADLINE FOR PUBLIC COMMENT REQUESTS IS 12:00 PM ON NOVEMBER 8, 2021.
Email request for Public Comment must include:
- Agenda Item or Specific Topic
- Telephone number
- Please indicate whom you are Ex: attorney, yourself or other
Failure to provide the information requested directly above could result in your comment being delayed or taken out of order.