Financial Services - Revenue Accountant - Accountant III
- Posting Number: 0408-21
- Group/Step: B17 Position: 13, TBD
- Opening Date: 04/26/21
- Closing Date: until filled
- $38,244- $44,029.08 annually
The Accountant III is selected by and responsible to the Revenue and Administrative Services Manager and performs moderately complex accounting work involving maintaining, preparing, posting and balancing financial statements, records, documents and/or reports. Work is performed under general supervision with limited latitude for the use of initiative and independent judgment.
- Codes, posts and balances revenue accounting documents and records; processes deposits, refunds, journal vouchers and clearances in the Centralized Accounting Payroll/Personnel System (CAPPS) and Uniform Statewide Accounting System (USAS); and prepares licensing documentation for distribution.
- Reviews documentation for return checks, Interagency Transaction Vouchers (ITV) and refunds.
- Verifies data entered into cash receipt system and assigns program codes. Processes reversals and code corrections.
- Processes warrant hold documents to clear the default fund. Coordinates with the General Counsel’s Office for proper coding.
- Processes return checks and clears return check default fund; maintains return check records and coordinates collection efforts with the Enforcement Division.
- Maintains records on deposits via interagency action (ITV’s) including preparing and submitting invoices, coordinating with other state agencies and coding receipts.
- Verifies batches prepared by Administrative Services Team.
- Researches reconciliation discrepancies and aged suspense listings, and reports findings.
- Maintains revenue files and cash control records.
- Assists in developing and maintaining administrative and technical policies and procedures.
- Assists in making recommendations for improvements or revisions to the revenue accounting processes and/or procedures.
- Complies with division and/or agency training requirements.
- Demonstrates a spirit of teamwork, offering positive and constructive ideas, encouragement and support to other members of the staff and team while upholding the agency’s core values.
- Keeps management appropriately informed of ongoing activity and critical matters affecting the operation and well-being of the agency.
- Adheres to all Texas Department of Licensing and Regulation personnel policies and performs related work as assigned.
Four years of experience in bookkeeping or accounting in an office environment required. Graduation from an accredited four-year college or university with major course work in accounting or a related field is generally preferred and may substitute for two years of the experience requirement. Experience with Microsoft Excel and Microsoft Word is required. Experience with Microsoft Access and Power Point; and CAPPS and USAS data entry processing is preferred.
Veterans, Reservists or Guardsmen with an MOS or additional duties that fall in the fields of 31 Financial Management, PS Personnel Specialist, 36B Financial Management Technician, 36 Finance or other related fields pertaining to the minimum experience requirements may meet the minimum qualifications for this position and are highly encouraged to apply.
Additional Military Crosswalk information can be accessed at:
The successful candidate will have: Knowledge of accounting principles and procedures, of budget controls, and of cash receipts and revenue methods and procedures. Skilled in the use of office equipment, computers, and associated software applications including MS Office applications. Ability to perform complex accounting transactions, to interpret laws and regulations, to interpret and apply accounting theory. Ability to work accurately with numerical detail, perform data entry and use a ten-key calculator by touch. Ability to work independently, with little supervision; to analyze, consolidate, compile and interpret accounting data; and ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing. Ability to maintain effective working relationships with agency personnel, division co-workers, and personnel of other state agencies. Ability to provide friendly, caring service to employees of the Agency and to the public.
Applications may be downloaded from TDLR’s website https://www.tdlr.texas.gov/employ.htm.
E-mail or fax applications to: TDLR, Human Resources Office, Austin Texas 78711, Fax (512) 475-3377. E-mail Human.Resources@tdlr.texas.gov. Resumes will not be accepted in lieu of State Applications. Applications not completely filled out may be rejected. Only typed applications will be considered.
This job is covered by the Fair Labor Standards Act (FLSA).
AN EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
TDLR provides a total compensation package that enables us to attract, motivate, and retain highly skilled and talented employees, including a merit system, full use of salary ranges, performance awards, retention and recruitment bonuses.
TDLR participates in E-Verify and will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS), with information from each new employee's Form I-9 to confirm work authorization.
In compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA), TDLR will provide reasonable accommodation during the hiring and selection process for individuals with a disability. If you need assistance completing the application, contact TDLR Human Resources at 512-463-7184. If you are contacted for an interview and need accommodation to participate in the interview process, please notify the person scheduling the interview
In addition to a positive and supportive work environment, The Texas Department of Licensing and Regulation offers a strong benefits package.
- State-paid health and life insurance plans for you;
- Optional dental plan and health insurance for your family members;
- State retirement matching contribution;
- Optional 401K and 457 Plans;
- Flexible health and dependent day care accounts;
- Optional term life insurance for you and your dependents;
- Short and long term disability insurance for you;
- Voluntary AD&D insurance;
- Retirement through the Employees Retirement System (ERS);
- Long Term Care Insurance;
- Longevity Pay;
- Direct Deposit;
- Optional after tax-contributions to a 529 Texas College Investment Plan;
- Paid sick leave accrues from your first day at work;
- Sick Leave Pool for catastrophic illnesses and injuries;
- Workers’ Compensation;
- Family Medical Leave;
- Military Leave;
- Jury Duty Leave;
- Smoke-free workplace;
- Confidential and personalized Employee Assistance Program services;
- Tuition Reimbursement Program;
- Career Paths that ensure professional growth and advancement within the agency;
- On-the-job and cross-training to develop job related skills and enrich professional growth;
- Wellness programs and activities such as yoga and massage therapy;
- Employee and family-friendly workplace;
- Flexible/Compressed work schedules;
- Paid vacation accrues from your first day worked;
- Active charitable employee associations;
- Length of Service awards;
- Generous holiday schedule;
- Employee Recognition Programs;
- Casual dress; and
- A progressive agency culture that promotes open communication, efficiency, transparency and trust.
Staff Compensation Information, as required by Government Code, Section 659.026.