RPM/Business and Consumer Safety/Multi-Program Administrative Assistant - (Administrative Assistant IV)
- Posting Number: 0602-21
- Group/Step: B19, Position: 66
- Opening Date: 06/03/21
- Closing Date: until filled
- $34,104- $37,740.96 annually
The Multi-Program Administrative Assistant is selected by and responsible to the Regulatory Programs Section Manager with some activities assigned by Section Program Specialists, Managers or Team Leads. The Multi-Program Administrative Assistant provides advanced administrative support and technical program assistance for multiple programs within the Regulatory Program Management (RPM) Division. Duties include reviewing and entering data for multiple programs; monitoring/maintaining program spreadsheets and databases, processing requests for invoices, researching and clearing fee payments; training administrative personnel, coordinating registrations for agency-led workshops, providing consultative/technical services to the general public, professionals, agency staff and government agencies on all aspects of RPM program requirements, processing open records requests, and coordinating records retention. Work is performed under limited supervision with considerable latitude for the use of initiative and independent judgment. Some local travel may be required.
This position is located at the North Campus 1106 Clayton Ln. Austin, Tx 78723.
- Provides administrative and technical assistance to customers, co-workers, and the Regulatory Programs Section Manager by preparing, interpreting, and disseminating information concerning agency programs, rules, policies and procedures. Coordinate work between organizational units of the agency.
- Compiles, reviews, researches and enters information for multiple programs in agency databases and spreadsheets.
- Review and route mail, program files, and related correspondence received daily. Prepares, edits, and coordinates mail-outs concerning agency programs and generates requests for invoices.
- Responds to inquiries from public, staff, industry representatives, and government officials regarding rules, policies, and procedures.
- Participates in the planning, implementation and monitoring of agency programs. Assists in determining trends, monitoring compliance, resolving problems, and making recommendations to produce more effective programs.
- Develops and maintains record keeping and filing systems and records management systems.
- Compiles documents for imaging and archiving, consistent with the agency’s records retention policy and procedures. Researches and compiles files and documents in response to Open Records Requests.
- Assists in researching technical issues.
- Assists in the development and preparation of program policy, procedures, and reports.
- Assists with developing and providing training.
- Assists in responding to requests for information.
- Provide administrative and technical assistance to other RPM programs in other RPM sections as needed.
- May research, compose, or edit forms, manuals, and reports.
- May assist in coordinating meetings, conferences, and seminars.
- Complies with division and/or agency training requirements.
- Keeps management appropriately informed of ongoing activity and critical matters affecting the operation and well-being of the agency, while upholding the Agency’s core values.
- Demonstrates a spirit of teamwork, offering positive and constructive ideas, encouragement and support to other members of the staff and team.
- Adheres to all Texas Department of Licensing and Regulation Personnel Policies
- and performs related work as assigned.
Four (4) years of progressively responsible administrative support experience involving standard office practices and procedures required, with one (1) year of experience in MS Office and associated software required. Experience requirements may run concurrently. Administrative experience in a regulatory or technical field is preferred. Graduation from an accredited four-year college or university is generally preferred and may substitute for the experience requirement. Graduation from a standard high school or equivalent is required.
Veterans, Reservists or Guardsmen with an MOS or additional duties that fall in the fields of 15P Aviation Operations Specialist, LS Logistics Specialist, YN- Yeoman, 0100 Basic Admin. Marine or other related fields pertaining to the minimum experience requirements may meet the minimum qualifications for this position and are highly encouraged to apply.
Additional Military Crosswalk information can be accessed at:
The successful candidate will have: Knowledge of policies, functions, and operations of regulatory programs. Knowledge of developing and implementing agency rules, regulations policies and procedures and ability to interpret and explain them in a clear and concise manner. Skilled in the use of standard office equipment; in the operation of personal computers and applicable software, including MS Office and associated software; and, in various research techniques, including Internet research.
Ability to implement administrative procedures; and, to interpret and explain agency rules, regulations, policies and procedures in a clear and concise manner. Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with supervising personnel, co-workers, industry representatives and general public; and, to provide friendly, caring service to customers. Ability to communicate effectively - verbally and in writing; to draft basic business correspondence using proper spelling, punctuation, sentence structure, and grammar.
Applications may be downloaded from TDLR’s website https://www.tdlr.texas.gov/employ.htm.
E-mail or fax applications to: TDLR, Human Resources Office, Austin Texas 78711, Fax (512) 475-3377. E-mail Human.Resources@tdlr.texas.gov. Resumes will not be accepted in lieu of State Applications. Applications not completely filled out may be rejected. Only typed applications will be considered.
This job is covered by the Fair Labor Standards Act (FLSA).
AN EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
TDLR provides a total compensation package that enables us to attract, motivate, and retain highly skilled and talented employees, including a merit system, full use of salary ranges, performance awards, retention and recruitment bonuses.
TDLR participates in E-Verify and will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS), with information from each new employee's Form I-9 to confirm work authorization.
In compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA), TDLR will provide reasonable accommodation during the hiring and selection process for individuals with a disability. If you need assistance completing the application, contact TDLR Human Resources at 512-463-7184. If you are contacted for an interview and need accommodation to participate in the interview process, please notify the person scheduling the interview
In addition to a positive and supportive work environment, The Texas Department of Licensing and Regulation offers a strong benefits package.
- State-paid health and life insurance plans for you;
- Optional dental plan and health insurance for your family members;
- State retirement matching contribution;
- Optional 401K and 457 Plans;
- Flexible health and dependent day care accounts;
- Optional term life insurance for you and your dependents;
- Short and long term disability insurance for you;
- Voluntary AD&D insurance;
- Retirement through the Employees Retirement System (ERS);
- Long Term Care Insurance;
- Longevity Pay;
- Direct Deposit;
- Optional after tax-contributions to a 529 Texas College Investment Plan;
- Paid sick leave accrues from your first day at work;
- Sick Leave Pool for catastrophic illnesses and injuries;
- Workers’ Compensation;
- Family Medical Leave;
- Military Leave;
- Jury Duty Leave;
- Smoke-free workplace;
- Confidential and personalized Employee Assistance Program services;
- Tuition Reimbursement Program;
- Career Paths that ensure professional growth and advancement within the agency;
- On-the-job and cross-training to develop job related skills and enrich professional growth;
- Wellness programs and activities such as yoga and massage therapy;
- Employee and family-friendly workplace;
- Flexible/Compressed work schedules;
- Paid vacation accrues from your first day worked;
- Active charitable employee associations;
- Length of Service awards;
- Generous holiday schedule;
- Employee Recognition Programs;
- Casual dress; and
- A progressive agency culture that promotes open communication, efficiency, transparency and trust.
Staff Compensation Information, as required by Government Code, Section 659.026.