Enforcement/ Investigations - Administrative Assistant - Administrative Assistant IV
- Posting Number: 0905-22
- Group/Step: A15, Position: 375
- Opening Date: 09/24/21
- Closing Date: until filled
- $38.000.04- $44,000.04 annually
The Administrative Assistant is selected by and responsible to the Investigations Manager of the Enforcement Division and performs advanced administrative support and program assistance work for the Investigations Manager and the Enforcement Division. Primary responsibilities occur in an investigative environment and consist of receiving and responding to calls and emails regarding complaints and Departmental procedures in a positive and professional manner; handling incoming/outgoing mail; maintaining and providing statistical data as requested; opening cases for investigation and supporting the Investigations Manager with other administrative duties. Work requires frequent contact with the public, government officials and department staff. Work is performed under limited supervision with considerable latitude for exercising initiative and independent judgment. Moderate travel to assist with investigations may be required.
The position is located at North Campus 1106 Clayton Lane Austin, TX 78723.
- Open investigator’s cases for investigation in the agency’s complaint tracking database. Transfer and assign cases to the Prosecutor section, and update the case management system regarding cases opened for investigation.
- Process and inventory evidence placed in the secure evidence storage for documents and physical evidence obtained through investigation or inspection.
- Generate daily and monthly reports of statistics from the case management system. Compile and edit data for charts and graphs, and prepares summaries or reports.
- Prepare, interpret and disseminate information regarding agency laws, rules, policies and section procedures to the public, government officials, and department staff in a positive and professional manner. Respond to inquiries regarding rules, regulations, policies and procedures, performing research as needed.
- Coordinate, prepare and process purchase requisitions for all supplies, training requests, and criminal background check records. Process and track travel vouchers for employees of the Investigations Section.
- Provide assistance answering the Division’s main phone lines, and acting as a back-up for the Intake Section as needed. Answer phone calls into the Investigation Section and respond to or route as appropriate. Greet and/or direct visitors to the appropriate staff.
- Process all incoming and outgoing mail for the Investigation Section including sending supplies to field investigators.
- Coordinate the preparation, editing, and distribution of correspondence, reports, studies, forms, and documents.
- Develop, coordinate, and maintain record-keeping and filing systems.
- Research, compose, design, and edit the Division’s Enforcement brochure and other section forms, manuals and/or other publications as needed.
- Coordinate meetings, conferences, and seminars.
- Comply with division and/or agency training requirements.
- Demonstrate a positive spirit of teamwork, offering constructive ideas, encouragement and support to other members of the staff and team while upholding the agency’s core values.
- Keep management appropriately informed of ongoing activity and critical matters affecting the operation and well-being of the agency.
- Adhere to all TDLR personnel policies and performs other related work as assigned.
Four years of responsible experience in secretarial or administrative support work required, including experience with handling a large volume of cases and phone calls on a daily basis. Two years of college coursework from an accredited college or university may be substituted for the experience requirement. Responsible customer service experience required. Graduation from a standard high school or equivalent required. Bilingual candidates preferred.
Veterans, Reservists or Guardsmen with an MOS or additional duties that fall in the fields of 15P Aviation Operations Specialist, LS Logistics Specialist, YN- Yeoman, 0100 Basic Admin. Marine or other related fields pertaining to the minimum experience requirements may meet the minimum qualifications for this position and are highly encouraged to apply.
Additional Military Crosswalk information can be accessed at:
The successful candidate will have: Knowledge of office practices and administrative procedures. Excellent customer service skills. Skill in the use of a multi-line phone system; in the use of a computer and applicable software including MS Office applications; and, in the operation of all TDLR databases including Tulip, Tools, Legal Files and Access. Skill in the use of standard office equipment; and, in various research techniques, including Internet research. Ability to establish and maintain positive, courteous and effective working relationships; to draft basic business correspondence using proper spelling, punctuation, sentence structure, and grammar; and, to interpret and explain agency laws, rules, policies and procedures in a clear and concise manner; Ability to implement new administrative systems and procedures and to evaluate their effectiveness; and, to communicate effectively
Applications may be downloaded from TDLR’s website https://www.tdlr.texas.gov/employ.htm.
E-mail or fax applications to: TDLR, Human Resources Office, Austin Texas 78711, Fax (512) 475-3377. E-mail Human.Resources@tdlr.texas.gov. Resumes will not be accepted in lieu of State Applications. Applications not completely filled out may be rejected. Only typed applications will be considered.
This job is covered by the Fair Labor Standards Act (FLSA).
AN EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
TDLR provides a total compensation package that enables us to attract, motivate, and retain highly skilled and talented employees, including a merit system, full use of salary ranges, performance awards, retention and recruitment bonuses.
TDLR participates in E-Verify and will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS), with information from each new employee's Form I-9 to confirm work authorization.
In compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA), TDLR will provide reasonable accommodation during the hiring and selection process for individuals with a disability. If you need assistance completing the application, contact TDLR Human Resources at 512-463-7184. If you are contacted for an interview and need accommodation to participate in the interview process, please notify the person scheduling the interview
In addition to a positive and supportive work environment, The Texas Department of Licensing and Regulation offers a strong benefits package.
- State-paid health and life insurance plans for you;
- Optional dental plan and health insurance for your family members;
- State retirement matching contribution;
- Optional 401K and 457 Plans;
- Flexible health and dependent day care accounts;
- Optional term life insurance for you and your dependents;
- Short and long term disability insurance for you;
- Voluntary AD&D insurance;
- Retirement through the Employees Retirement System (ERS);
- Long Term Care Insurance;
- Longevity Pay;
- Direct Deposit;
- Optional after tax-contributions to a 529 Texas College Investment Plan;
- Paid sick leave accrues from your first day at work;
- Sick Leave Pool for catastrophic illnesses and injuries;
- Workers’ Compensation;
- Family Medical Leave;
- Military Leave;
- Jury Duty Leave;
- Smoke-free workplace;
- Confidential and personalized Employee Assistance Program services;
- Tuition Reimbursement Program;
- Career Paths that ensure professional growth and advancement within the agency;
- On-the-job and cross-training to develop job related skills and enrich professional growth;
- Wellness programs and activities such as yoga and massage therapy;
- Employee and family-friendly workplace;
- Flexible/Compressed work schedules;
- Paid vacation accrues from your first day worked;
- Active charitable employee associations;
- Length of Service awards;
- Generous holiday schedule;
- Employee Recognition Programs;
- Casual dress; and
- A progressive agency culture that promotes open communication, efficiency, transparency and trust.
Staff Compensation Information, as required by Government Code, Section 659.026.