Enforcement - Administrative Assistant III - Intake Administrative Assistant III *2 Positions
- Posting Number: 1006-22
- Group/Step: A13, Position: 367,246
- Opening Date: 10/29/21
- Closing Date: until filled
- $32,568- $36,900.08 annually
The Administrative Assistant is selected by the Director of Enforcement and the Intake Manager and is responsible to the Intake Manager and performs independent, responsible administrative duties for the Enforcement Division. Primary responsibilities include receiving and responding to calls and emails regarding complaints and Departmental procedures in a positive and professional manner; handling incoming/outgoing mail; maintaining and providing statistical data as requested; and supporting the Enforcement Division with other administrative duties. Work requires frequent contact with the public, government officials and department staff. Work is performed under general supervision, with moderate latitude for exercising initiative and independent judgment.
The position is located at the North Campus 1106 Clayton Lane Austin, TX 78723.
- Answer the division’s main phone lines, screen calls, and handle or forward calls as appropriate.
- Process all incoming and outgoing mail for the division, including all complaints filed with the agency.
- Update the case management system and other databases regarding complaints received.
- Maintain filing, record-keeping and record management systems.
- Generate daily and monthly reports of statistics from the case management system.
- Prepare and process purchase requisitions and travel vouchers for all employees of the division.
- Research and explain the agency’s laws, rules, policies and procedures, both orally and in writing.
- Perform duties in accordance with the Complaint Resolution Procedures Manual, the Enforcement Plan and the Criminal Conviction Guidelines.
- Assist in responding to public information requests.
- Comply with division and/or agency training requirements.
- Demonstrate a spirit of teamwork, offering positive and constructive ideas, encouragement and support to other members of the staff and team while upholding the agency’s core values.
- Keep management appropriately informed of ongoing activity and critical matters affecting the operation and well-being of the agency.
- Adhere to all TDLR personnel policies and performs related work as assigned.
One (1) year of responsible experience in secretarial or administrative support work required, including experience with handling a large volume of phone calls on a daily basis. Graduation from a standard high school or equivalent required. Two years of college coursework from an accredited college or university may be substituted for the experience requirement. Bilingual candidates preferred, particularly those with Vietnamese language skills.
Veterans, Reservists or Guardsmen with an MOS or additional duties that fall in the fields of 15P Aviation Operations Specialist, LS Logistics Specialist, YN- Yeoman, 0100 Basic Admin. Marine or other related fields pertaining to the minimum experience requirements may meet the minimum qualifications for this position and are highly encouraged to apply.
Additional Military Crosswalk information can be accessed at:
The successful candidate will have: The ability to answer a multi-line phone system; to use a computer and software such as Microsoft Word, Excel, Access, and e-mail; to draft basic business correspondence using proper spelling, punctuation, sentence structure, and grammar; and to interpret and explain agency laws, rules, policies and procedures in a clear and concise manner. He or she will also have excellent customer service skills and the ability to establish and maintain courteous, effective working relationships. He or she will be skilled in various research techniques, including Internet research. Bilingual candidates preferred.
Applications may be downloaded from TDLR’s website https://www.tdlr.texas.gov/employ.htm.
E-mail or fax applications to: TDLR, Human Resources Office, Austin Texas 78711, Fax (512) 475-3377. E-mail Human.Resources@tdlr.texas.gov. Resumes will not be accepted in lieu of State Applications. Applications not completely filled out may be rejected. Only typed applications will be considered.
This job is covered by the Fair Labor Standards Act (FLSA).
AN EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
TDLR provides a total compensation package that enables us to attract, motivate, and retain highly skilled and talented employees, including a merit system, full use of salary ranges, performance awards, retention and recruitment bonuses.
TDLR participates in E-Verify and will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS), with information from each new employee's Form I-9 to confirm work authorization.
In compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA), TDLR will provide reasonable accommodation during the hiring and selection process for individuals with a disability. If you need assistance completing the application, contact TDLR Human Resources at 512-463-7184. If you are contacted for an interview and need accommodation to participate in the interview process, please notify the person scheduling the interview
In addition to a positive and supportive work environment, The Texas Department of Licensing and Regulation offers a strong benefits package.
- State-paid health and life insurance plans for you;
- Optional dental plan and health insurance for your family members;
- State retirement matching contribution;
- Optional 401K and 457 Plans;
- Flexible health and dependent day care accounts;
- Optional term life insurance for you and your dependents;
- Short and long term disability insurance for you;
- Voluntary AD&D insurance;
- Retirement through the Employees Retirement System (ERS);
- Long Term Care Insurance;
- Longevity Pay;
- Direct Deposit;
- Optional after tax-contributions to a 529 Texas College Investment Plan;
- Paid sick leave accrues from your first day at work;
- Sick Leave Pool for catastrophic illnesses and injuries;
- Workers’ Compensation;
- Family Medical Leave;
- Military Leave;
- Jury Duty Leave;
- Smoke-free workplace;
- Confidential and personalized Employee Assistance Program services;
- Tuition Reimbursement Program;
- Career Paths that ensure professional growth and advancement within the agency;
- On-the-job and cross-training to develop job related skills and enrich professional growth;
- Wellness programs and activities such as yoga and massage therapy;
- Employee and family-friendly workplace;
- Flexible/Compressed work schedules;
- Paid vacation accrues from your first day worked;
- Active charitable employee associations;
- Length of Service awards;
- Generous holiday schedule;
- Employee Recognition Programs;
- Casual dress; and
- A progressive agency culture that promotes open communication, efficiency, transparency and trust.
Staff Compensation Information, as required by Government Code, Section 659.026.