Administrative Assistant III- Financial Services Support Services Team Member
- Posting Number: 1005-21
- Group/Step: A13, 2 Openings
- Opening Date: 10/09/20
- Closing Date: until filled
- $32,568- $35,900.04 annually
The Support Services Team Member is selected by and responsible to the Manager of Accounting Services and assists the Support Services Team Leader. Duties include performance of mail operations, compiling and validating money mail batches and data entry into agency systems. The Support Services Team Member may also requisition supplies for the support services group, and perform other general support functions. This position shares responsibility for identifying and analyzing processes to determine areas that can be streamlined. The Support Services Team Member may assist with training others. The Support Services Team Member works under general guidance with moderate latitude for the use of initiative and independent judgment. Attendance and punctuality are required work attributes.
- Receives, opens and date stamps incoming mail, logs tracked incoming mail and reviews and routes non-money mail to the appropriate divisions.
- Compiles and batches money mail by program utilizing appropriate controls for cash and negotiable instruments.
- Performs data entry of certain cash receipts into agency’s internal computer system, ensuring timely entry so as all legal deadlines (three working days) are met.
- Forwards cash receipts batches to the revenue team for review.
- May perform general support functions for revenue, expenditure and purchasing teams.
- May assist with training other support staff team members.
- May assist Manager of Accounting Services with process analysis and review and developing internal administrative procedures.
- May assist other agency divisions with general support functions on an as-needed basis.
- Complies with division and/or agency training requirements.
- Keeps management appropriately informed of ongoing activity and critical matters affecting the operation and well-being of the agency.
- Demonstrates a spirit of teamwork and support for other members of agency staff while upholding agency’s core values.
- Adheres to all Texas Department of Licensing and Regulation personnel policies and performs other duties as assigned.
Graduation from a standard high school or equivalent. Three years experience in an office environment that involved administrative support. Experience in cash receipts processing and mail processing preferred. Strong data entry skills, basic accounting experience and skill in the use of Microsoft Excel also preferred.
Veterans, Reservists or Guardsmen with an MOS or additional duties that fall in the fields of15P
Aviation Operations Specialist, LS Logistics Specialist, YN- Yeoman, 0100 Basic Admin. Marine or other related fields pertaining to the minimum experience requirements may meet the minimum qualifications for this position and are highly encouraged to apply. Additional Military Crosswalk information can be accessed at:
The successful candidate will have: Ability to use ten-key calculator; Organizational skills and attention to detail; Ability to perform efficiently in a fast-paced, high pressure environment; Ability to multi-task within tight time constraints; Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing; Ability to maintain courteous, effective relationships with team members, administrative personnel of other divisions and of other state agencies; Ability to provide friendly, caring service to citizens and employees of the Department.
State of Texas applications may be downloaded here https://www.tdlr.texas.gov/employ.htm
E-mail or fax applications to: TDLR, Human Resources Office, P.O. Box 12157, Austin Texas 78711, Fax (512) 475-3377. E-mail Human.Resources@tdlr.texas.gov. Resumes will not be accepted in lieu of State Applications. Applications not completely filled out may be rejected. Only TYPED applications will be considered.
In addition to a positive and supportive work environment, The Texas Department of Licensing and Regulation offers a strong benefits package.
- State-paid health and life insurance plans for you;
- Optional dental plan and health insurance for your family members;
- State retirement matching contribution;
- Optional 401K and 457 Plans;
- Flexible health and dependent day care accounts;
- Optional term life insurance for you and your dependents;
- Short and long term disability insurance for you;
- Voluntary AD&D insurance;
- Retirement through the Employees Retirement System (ERS);
- Long Term Care Insurance;
- Longevity Pay;
- Direct Deposit;
- Optional after tax-contributions to a 529 Texas College Investment Plan;
- Paid sick leave accrues from your first day at work;
- Sick Leave Pool for catastrophic illnesses and injuries;
- Workers’ Compensation;
- Family Medical Leave;
- Military Leave;
- Jury Duty Leave;
- Smoke-free workplace;
- Confidential and personalized Employee Assistance Program services;
- Tuition Reimbursement Program;
- Career Paths that ensure professional growth and advancement within the agency;
- On-the-job and cross-training to develop job related skills and enrich professional growth;
- Wellness programs and activities such as yoga and massage therapy;
- Employee and family-friendly workplace;
- Flexible/Compressed work schedules;
- Paid vacation accrues from your first day worked;
- Active charitable employee associations;
- Length of Service awards;
- Generous holiday schedule;
- Employee Recognition Programs;
- Casual dress; and
- A progressive agency culture that promotes open communication, efficiency, transparency and trust.
Staff Compensation Information, as required by Government Code, Section 659.026.