Customer Service Representative III - Austin
- Posting Number: 0702-18
- Group/Step: A13, Positions 438 and 53
- Opening Date: 07/05/18
- Closing Date: 5 p.m. on 07/19/18
- $31,488-$35,500.08 annually
When the public or a licensee contacts TDLR for help, the customer service division is on the frontline ready to assess the situation and recommend a solution. If you are a value driven, problem solver and have a passion for helping others achieve results we may have a spot for you. We are a tight team of mission-driven, bright, hardworking co-creators who believe there is a solution to every challenge. We have a passion for solving problems collaboratively, valuing teamwork, respect and open and free communication. We Improve efficiencies and eliminate bottlenecks throughout the organization in alignment with our agency vision to be the leader in public service by creating innovative, low-cost licensing and regulatory “next” practices and cultivating highly-engaged employees who provide exceptional customer service. “Smaller, Smarter Government” is our motto and we have been recognized as a model state agency.
Your primary role will be to drive your team towards excellence by implementing proactive solutions for customers and the team. Do you have exceptional customer service skills and thrive in a dynamic, team focused environment where you can proactively see new and better ways to do things? If you answered yes, then you could be our next Customer Service Representative? Come be a part of our fun and fast-paced innovative culture!
The Customer Service Representative is selected by and responsible to the Customer Service Manager and the Customer Service Director and reports to an Ombudsman (Team Lead). Principal work duties include performing complex customer service work that occurs in a contact center environment and consists of responding to customer inquiries via telephone, social media, email or in person by delivering information timely, accurately, and in a positive and professional manner. Bilingual Customer Service Representatives may interpret and/or translate for bilingual customers. Work requires frequent contact with the public, government officials and department staff and is performed under general supervision, with moderate latitude for exercising initiative and independent judgment. May train others. Attendance, punctuality, and a core value driven approach are required work attributes. Occasional overtime may be required.
- Responds to inquiries from customers and the public providing timely and accurate information concerning agency programs and procedures in a positive and professional manner. Contacts may occur via telephone, email, web-chat, social media, printed correspondence or in-person. Phone responses and in-person, email and social media responses shall be given with a positive and professional tone and conform to department protocols with respect to format, spelling, and grammar.
- Full-time Customer Service Representatives maintain a minimum of 70 contacts per day; Part-time Customer Service Representatives maintain a minimum of 35 contacts per day.
- Provides information on agency programs and application processes to department customers. Following TDLR procedures, may process payments through credit card transactions.
- Researches information to respond and/or resolve customer service matters.
- May train other Customer Service Representatives.
- Performs as back-up to the front reception desk as needed. Front desk duties include assisting walk-in customers, directing and assisting visitors and some handling of incoming/outgoing mail and courier services.
- May draft, rewrite or translate documents to/from English to/from a foreign language.
- Maintains an 87% attendance and punctuality rate based on an average 50-week work year and adheres to their assigned schedule including shift start/end times, breaks and lunches.
- Maintains related activity logs, files, cases and/or reports on services.
- Explains and maintains working knowledge of all statutes TDLR regulates, internal division processes and procedures and agency systems.
- Complies with division and/or agency training requirements.
- Demonstrates a spirit of teamwork, offering positive and constructive ideas, encouragement and support to other members of the staff and team, while upholding the agency’s core values.
- Keeps management appropriately informed of ongoing activity and critical matters affecting the operation and well-being of the division and agency.
- Adheres to all Texas Department of Licensing and Regulation Personnel Policies and performs other duties as assigned.
One year of responsible customer service experience that involved the use of office practices and procedures. Analytical mindset/ experience in problem solving or basic trouble shooting preferred. Excellent written and oral communication required. Exceptional grammar and keyboarding skills with a high level of accuracy required. Fluency in a second language preferred. Graduation from a standard high school or equivalent required. Graduation from an accredited two or four-year college or university is generally preferred.
Veterans, Reservists or Guardsmen with an MOS or additional duties that fall in the fields of 15P- Aviation Operations Specialist, SH- Ships Serviceman, YN- Yeoman, 0100 Basic Admin. Marine, 01- Manpower and Administration or other related fields pertaining to the minimum experience requirements may meet the minimum qualifications for this position and are highly encouraged to apply. Additional Military Crosswalk information
The successful candidate will have: Knowledge of agency rules, policies and procedures; of agency database programs; and, of office practices and administrative procedures. Skilled self-starter who is motivated and demonstrates a desire to learn. Skill in the use of contact center and customer relationship management software; and, in standard office equipment. Skill in performing efficiently in a fast-paced, high pressure environment with the ability to multi-task within tight time constraints. Skill in research techniques, problem solving, case management; and, in customer service protocol. Demonstrated skill in business correspondence, principally email. Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing; to communicate agency information in a clear and concise manner; and to assist in the development and achievement of section and agency plans, goals and programs. Ability to establish and maintain courteous, effective working relationships; and, to focus in a fast paced, flexible environment. Ability to adapt to change; to manage challenging situations and remain professional under pressure. Ability to empathize; to defuse conflict; to improve relationships, and, to communicate with others. Ability to collaborate and work effectively on a team.
Applications may be downloaded from the Texas Workforce Commission's web site: http://www.twc.state.tx.us/jobseekers/state-texas-application-employment#applicationFormForDownload.
Mail, email or fax applications to:
Human Resources Office
P.O. Box 12157
Austin Texas 78711
Fax (512) 475-3377
Resumes will not be accepted in lieu of State Applications. Applications not completely filled out may be rejected. Only typed applications will be considered.
This job is covered by the Fair Labor Standards Act (FLSA). FLSA-eligible employees who work in excess of 40 hours in a workweek receive time off at a time-and-one-half rate as the primary method of compensation in lieu of cash payment.
TDLR IS AN EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
TDLR participates in E-Verify and will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS), with information from each new employee's Form I-9 to confirm work authorization.
TDLR provides a total compensation package that enables us to attract, motivate, and retain highly skilled and talented employees, including a merit system, full use of salary ranges, performance awards, retention and recruitment bonuses.
In compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA), TDLR will provide reasonable accommodation during the hiring and selection process for individuals with a disability. If you need assistance completing the application, contact TDLR Human Resources at 512-463-7184. If you are contacted for an interview and need accommodation to participate in the interview process, please notify the person scheduling the interview.
TEXAS DEPARTMENT OF LICENSING & REGULATION
920 Colorado, 1st Floor
Austin, Texas 78701
In addition to a positive and supportive work environment, The Texas Department of Licensing and Regulation offers a strong benefits package.
- State-paid health and life insurance plans for you;
- Optional dental plan and health insurance for your family members;
- State retirement matching contribution;
- Optional 401K and 457 Plans;
- Flexible health and dependent day care accounts;
- Optional term life insurance for you and your dependents;
- Short and long term disability insurance for you;
- Voluntary AD&D insurance;
- Retirement through the Employees Retirement System (ERS);
- Long Term Care Insurance;
- Longevity Pay;
- Direct Deposit;
- Optional after tax-contributions to a 529 Texas College Investment Plan;
- Paid sick leave accrues from your first day at work;
- Sick Leave Pool for catastrophic illnesses and injuries;
- Workers’ Compensation;
- Family Medical Leave;
- Military Leave;
- Jury Duty Leave;
- Smoke-free workplace;
- Confidential and personalized Employee Assistance Program services;
- Tuition Reimbursement Program;
- Career Paths that ensure professional growth and advancement within the agency;
- On-the-job and cross-training to develop job related skills and enrich professional growth;
- Wellness programs and activities such as yoga and massage therapy;
- Employee and family-friendly workplace;
- Flexible/Compressed work schedules;
- Paid vacation accrues from your first day worked;
- Active charitable employee associations;
- Length of Service awards;
- Generous holiday schedule;
- Employee Recognition Programs;
- Casual dress; and
- A progressive agency culture that promotes open communication, efficiency, transparency and trust.
Staff Compensation Information, as required by Government Code, Section 659.026.