Licensing - Licensing Support Team - Administrative Assistant III
- Posting Number: 1101-21
- Group/Step: A13, Position 324,41
- Opening Date: 11/19/20
- Closing Date: until filled
- $32,568- $35,900.04 annually
The Licensing Support Team Member is selected by and responsible to the Licensing Support Manager and performs complex administrative support work. Work involves the collection, filing, retrieving, and dispatching of records for the agency’s computerized Electronic Document Imaging System and completing mass mailings. Work is performed under the general supervision of the Licensing Support Manager according to department procedures with moderate latitude for the use of initiative and independent judgment. Work requires frequent contact with department staff.
- Print Licenses and notices on a daily basis; match the licenses to corresponding paperwork; mail appropriate output; and file paperwork in proper location.
- Deliver mail to agency mailroom; pickup mail and faxes; sort and distribute incoming correspondence.
- Inventory and maintain stock supplies; ensure that adequate supplies of envelopes and toner are maintained at all times; and create and track purchase orders for supplies needed.
- Complete mass mailings of agency material.
- Sort and prepare documents correctly and accurately for imaging.
- Verify electronic images as per agency procedures.
- Dispose of agency records in accordance with agency policy and procedures.
- Send and retrieve files and documents off-site to the State Library for storage.
- May process payments through credit card transactions according to TDLR processes and procedures.
- Comply with division and/or agency training requirements.
- Keep management appropriately informed of ongoing activity and critical matters affecting the operational well-being of the agency.
- Demonstrate a spirit of teamwork offering positive and constructive ideas, encouragement and support of other members of the team and division staff, while upholding the agency’s core values.
- Adhere to all TDLR Personnel Policies and performs related work as assigned.
Three years’ experience in clerical or administrative support. Experience with imaging documents is preferred. Graduation from an accredited four-year college or university is preferred and may substitute for the experience requirement.
Veterans, Reservists or Guardsmen with an MOS or additional duties that fall in the fields of 31-Military Police, IS- Intelligence Specialist, 401 Investigator, 5805 Criminal Invest. Officer, 14NX Intelligence or other related fields pertaining to the minimum experience requirements may meet the minimum qualifications for this position and are highly encouraged to apply.
Additional Military Crosswalk information can be accessed at: http://www.hr.sao.state.tx.us/Compensation/MilitaryCrosswalk/MOSC_InspectorsandInvestigators.pdf
The successful candidate will have: Knowledge of records administration and maintenance techniques and procedures. Skill in the use of standard office equipment and software. Ability to implement administrative policies and procedures; to communicate effectively and perform successfully in a team environment; and, to understand and interpret state law, department policies, rules and procedures. Ability to compare, review and/or analyze documents; and, to provide friendly, caring service to customers.
Applications may be downloaded from TDLR’s website https://www.tdlr.texas.gov/employ.htm. E-mail or fax applications to: TDLR, Human Resources Office, P.O. Box 12157, Austin Texas 78711, Fax (512) 475-3377. E-mail Human.Resources@tdlr.texas.gov. Resumes will not be accepted in lieu of State Applications. Applications not completely filled out may be rejected. Only typed applications will be considered.
This job is covered by the Fair Labor Standards Act (FLSA).
TDLR IS AN EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
TDLR participates in E-Verify and will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS), with information from each new employee's Form I-9 to confirm work authorization.
TDLR provides a total compensation package that enables us to attract, motivate, and retain highly skilled and talented employees, including a merit system, full use of salary ranges, performance awards, retention and recruitment bonuses.
In compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA), TDLR will provide reasonable accommodation during the hiring and selection process for individuals with a disability. If you need assistance completing the application, contact TDLR Human Resources at 512-463-7184. If you are contacted for an interview and need accommodation to participate in the interview process, please notify the person scheduling the interview
In addition to a positive and supportive work environment, The Texas Department of Licensing and Regulation offers a strong benefits package.
- State-paid health and life insurance plans for you;
- Optional dental plan and health insurance for your family members;
- State retirement matching contribution;
- Optional 401K and 457 Plans;
- Flexible health and dependent day care accounts;
- Optional term life insurance for you and your dependents;
- Short and long term disability insurance for you;
- Voluntary AD&D insurance;
- Retirement through the Employees Retirement System (ERS);
- Long Term Care Insurance;
- Longevity Pay;
- Direct Deposit;
- Optional after tax-contributions to a 529 Texas College Investment Plan;
- Paid sick leave accrues from your first day at work;
- Sick Leave Pool for catastrophic illnesses and injuries;
- Workers’ Compensation;
- Family Medical Leave;
- Military Leave;
- Jury Duty Leave;
- Smoke-free workplace;
- Confidential and personalized Employee Assistance Program services;
- Tuition Reimbursement Program;
- Career Paths that ensure professional growth and advancement within the agency;
- On-the-job and cross-training to develop job related skills and enrich professional growth;
- Wellness programs and activities such as yoga and massage therapy;
- Employee and family-friendly workplace;
- Flexible/Compressed work schedules;
- Paid vacation accrues from your first day worked;
- Active charitable employee associations;
- Length of Service awards;
- Generous holiday schedule;
- Employee Recognition Programs;
- Casual dress; and
- A progressive agency culture that promotes open communication, efficiency, transparency and trust.
Staff Compensation Information, as required by Government Code, Section 659.026.