Information Technology / Software Development Services Web Developer (Systems Analyst IV) – Austin
- Posting Number: 0604-18
- Group/Step: B22, Position 449
- Opening Date: 06/11/18
- Closing Date: Until filled
- $68,000- $77,000 annually
The Web Application Developer is selected by and responsible to the Chief Information Officer and performs highly complex systems analysis work in application software development and configuration of application software packages. The Web Application Developer works closely with other Information Technology staff and system users to analyze user requirements, provide project estimates, and perform detailed design, coding and testing of approved software and configuration changes. The Developer works under limited supervision with considerable latitude for the use of initiative and independent judgment. The Developer performs other related duties as assigned. Occasional weekend and evening project, on-call work or minimal travel may be required.
- Oversees and provides guidance in troubleshooting and solving problems relating to computer systems or programs, particularly related to accessibility.
- Designs, modifies and implements new and revised software that effectively meets agency needs. Analyze system requirements for new application software.
- Develops secure and accessible complex web application software and associated database design.
- Analyzes existing software systems and procedures for security standards, accessibility standards, efficiency and effectiveness, and modify the software and/or configurations as needed.
- Develops programming and system documentation.
- Develops, analyzes and revises system design procedures, program code, test procedures and quality standards.
- Oversees, coordinates, plans and schedules training of staff prior to the implementation of technical systems and provides user and technical support during the implementation process.
- Identifies, investigates and resolves production issues.
- Oversees the completion of and/or completes studies and prepares reports that include study findings, recommendations, and instructions for proposed system implementations; formulates logical descriptions of problems; and devises optimum solutions.
- Determines operational, technical, and support requirements for the location, installation, operation, and maintenance of data processing, data communications, and computer and management information systems.
- May evaluate and recommend action on testing and certification of software and hardware upgrades.
- Complies with division and/or agency training as required.
- Demonstrates a spirit of teamwork, offering positive and constructive ideas, encouragement and support to other members of the staff and team, while upholding the Agency’s core values.
- Keeps management appropriately informed of ongoing activities and critical matters affecting the operations and well-being of the Programs and the Department.
- Adhere to all Department procedures and personnel policies and perform other related work as assigned and required to maintain Division operations.
Two (2) years of experience in development of application software programs in the areas of analysis, design, coding, testing and documentation required. Experience in the development of Microsoft Windows application software (i.e., Visual Studio, C#, MVC, ASP, .Net, T-SQL, SQL Server Reporting Services) strongly preferred. Experience developing web applications and knowledge of secure web development and web accessibility standards strongly preferred. Experience with Microsoft Team Foundation Server or other application life cycle tools preferred. Security applications development certifications preferred. Accessible Web Application development certifications preferred. Experience with occupational licensing systems preferred. The experience requirements may run concurrently with each other. Graduation from an accredited college or university with major course work in computer science, computer information systems, and management information systems or related preferred.
Veterans, Reservists or Guardsmen with an MOS or additional duties that fall in the fields of 25B- Information Technology Specialist, IT- Information Systems Technician, 0171- Manpower Information Systems (MIS) Analyst, 3DOX4 Computer Systems programming or other related fields pertaining to the minimum experience requirements may meet the minimum qualifications for this position and are highly encouraged to apply. Additional Military Crosswalk information can be accessed at
The successful candidate will have:Knowledge of standards for the system development lifecycle (SDLC); of standards for developing secure software applications using Open Web Application Security Project (OWASP); and, of standards for developing accessible web sites and web-based computer applications. Knowledge of computer operating systems and of writing computer programming code. Skill in coordinating and solving problems, in developing or revising program code, in scheduling, testing, installing, documenting and implementing programs and in troubleshooting computer systems. Ability to analyze systems and procedures, to write and revise standards and procedures, and to manage multiple tasks. Ability to work with customers to define and document detailed system requirements; to communicate effectively, orally and in writing; and, to work effectively and cooperatively with all staff.
Applications may be downloaded from the Work in Texas website: http://www.twc.state.tx.us/jobs/gvjb/state-texas-application-employment.html
Fax applications to:
Human Resources Fax (512) 475-3377
Email applications to Human.Resources@tdlr.texas.gov
Only fully completed, typed state applications will be accepted. Resumes will not be accepted in lieu of State Applications.
This job is not covered by the Fair Labor Standards Act (FLSA).
AN EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
TDLR participates in E-Verify and will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS), with information from each new employee's Form I-9 to confirm work authorization.
TDLR provides a total compensation package that enables us to attract, motivate, and retain highly skilled and talented employees, including a merit system, full use of salary ranges, performance awards, retention and recruitment bonuses.
In compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA), TDLR will provide reasonable accommodation during the hiring and selection process for individuals with a disability. If you need assistance completing the application, contact TDLR Human Resources at 512-463-7184. If you are contacted for an interview and need accommodation to participate in the interview process, please notify the person scheduling the interview.
TEXAS DEPARTMENT OF LICENSING & REGULATION
920 Colorado, 1st Floor
Austin, Texas 78701
In addition to a positive and supportive work environment, The Texas Department of Licensing and Regulation offers a strong benefits package.
- State-paid health and life insurance plans for you;
- Optional dental plan and health insurance for your family members;
- State retirement matching contribution;
- Optional 401K and 457 Plans;
- Flexible health and dependent day care accounts;
- Optional term life insurance for you and your dependents;
- Short and long term disability insurance for you;
- Voluntary AD&D insurance;
- Retirement through the Employees Retirement System (ERS);
- Long Term Care Insurance;
- Longevity Pay;
- Direct Deposit;
- Optional after tax-contributions to a 529 Texas College Investment Plan;
- Paid sick leave accrues from your first day at work;
- Sick Leave Pool for catastrophic illnesses and injuries;
- Workers’ Compensation;
- Family Medical Leave;
- Military Leave;
- Jury Duty Leave;
- Smoke-free workplace;
- Confidential and personalized Employee Assistance Program services;
- Tuition Reimbursement Program;
- Career Paths that ensure professional growth and advancement within the agency;
- On-the-job and cross-training to develop job related skills and enrich professional growth;
- Wellness programs and activities such as yoga and massage therapy;
- Employee and family-friendly workplace;
- Flexible/Compressed work schedules;
- Paid vacation accrues from your first day worked;
- Active charitable employee associations;
- Length of Service awards;
- Generous holiday schedule;
- Employee Recognition Programs;
- Casual dress; and
- A progressive agency culture that promotes open communication, efficiency, transparency and trust.
Staff Compensation Information, as required by Government Code, Section 659.026.