Information Technology/ Software Development Services Senior Web Application Developer (Systems Analyst V) (Two Positions, Revised)
- Posting Number: 1205-21
- Group/Step: B24, Positions: 536, 395
- Opening Date: 12/18/20
- Closing Date: until filled
- $77,148- $85,000.12 annually
The Senior Web Application Developer is selected by and responsible to the Senior Technical Lead of Software Development Services, Licensing Support Services and performs advanced web application analysis work. The Senior Web Application Developer work involves coordinating the planning, budgeting, and analysis of user requirements, procedures, and problems to automate processing or to improve existing systems. May plan, assign, and/or supervise the work of others. Works under minimal supervision, with considerable latitude for the use of initiative and independent judgment. The Senior Web Application Developer performs other related duties as assigned. Occasional weekend and evening project, on-call work or minimal travel may be required.
- Coordinates the planning, design, development, implementation, support, and maintenance of web application software; with attention to security and accessibility.
- Coordinates and/or participates in the development and execution of enterprise level strategies and technical direction, including establishing processes and procedures for executing and maintaining web application technology road maps.
- Oversees, coordinates and participates in the design, modification and implementation of new and revised systems that effectively meet agency needs or improve workflow. Analyzes system requirements for new web application software.
- Oversees projects that cross functional agency systems and other state entities that require coordinating, planning, and scheduling during project development and implementation stages.
- Oversees the preparation of charts, diagrams, and tables that depict the present and proposed systems in terms of costs, benefits derived, and tasks accomplished.
- Oversees the training of staff prior to the implementation of web applications and offers advice and guidance during the implementation process.
- Oversees the design and implementation of new or revised methods that effectively meet agency needs.
- Analyzes and defines agency disaster recovery responsibilities and procedures.
- Develops and implements strategic planning actions and policy decisions related to the agency’s web applications.
- Develops, analyzes, and revises web application design procedures, program lines of code, test procedures, and quality standards.
- May plan and/or assign the work of others.
- Complies with division and/or agency training as required.
- Demonstrates a spirit of teamwork, offering positive and constructive ideas, encouragement and support to other members of the staff and team, while upholding the Agency’s core values.
- Keeps management appropriately informed of ongoing activities and critical matters affecting the operations and well-being of the Programs and the Department.
- Adheres to all Department procedures and personnel policies and perform other related work as assigned and required to maintain Division operations.
Three (3) years of experience in development of web application software programs in the areas of analysis, design, coding, testing and documentation required. Experience in the development of Microsoft web application software (i.e., Visual Studio, C#, MVC, ASP, .Net, T-SQL, SQL Server Reporting Services) strongly preferred. Experience with administration of Microsoft Internet Information Services (IIS) strongly preferred. Experience developing web applications and knowledge of secure web development and web accessibility standards strongly preferred. Experience with Microsoft Team Foundation Server or other application life cycle tools preferred. Security applications development certifications preferred. Accessible Web Application development certifications preferred. Experience with occupational licensing systems preferred. The experience requirements may run concurrently with each other. Graduation from an accredited college or university with major course work in computer science, computer information systems, and management information systems or related preferred.
Veterans, Reservists or Guardsmen with an MOS or additional duties that fall in the fields of 127D- Paralegal Specialist, YN- Yeoman, 4421- Legal Services Specialist, 4422- Legal Services or other related fields pertaining to the minimum experience requirements may meet the minimum qualifications for this position and are highly encouraged to apply.
Additional Military Crosswalk information can be accessed at:
The successful candidate will have: Knowledge of the limitations and capabilities of computer systems, of the techniques used in the design of nonautomated systems, of information technology equipment, of applicable programming languages, of computer hardware and software, of computer operating systems, of writing program code, and of automated mapping. Knowledge of standards for the system development lifecycle (SDLC); of standards for developing secure software applications using Open Web Application Security Project (OWASP); and, of standards for developing accessible web sites and web-based computer applications. Skill in coordinating and solving problems, in developing or revising program code, in scheduling, testing, installing, documenting and implementing programs and in troubleshooting web application systems. Ability to analyze systems and procedures, to write and revise standards and procedures, and to manage multiple tasks. Ability to work with customers to define and document detailed system requirements; to communicate effectively, orally and in writing; and, to work effectively and cooperatively with all staff.
Applications may be downloaded from TDLR’s website https://www.tdlr.texas.gov/employ.htm.
E-mail or fax applications to: TDLR, Human Resources Office, Austin Texas 78711, Fax (512) 475-3377. E-mail Human.Resources@tdlr.texas.gov. Resumes will not be accepted in lieu of State Applications. Applications not completely filled out may be rejected. Only typed applications will be considered.
This job is covered by the Fair Labor Standards Act (FLSA). FLSA-eligible employees who work in excess of 40 hours in a workweek receive time off at a time-and-one-half rate as the primary method of compensation in lieu of cash payment.
TDLR IS AN EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
TDLR participates in E-Verify and will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS), with information from each new employee's Form I-9 to confirm work authorization.
TDLR provides a total compensation package that enables us to attract, motivate, and retain highly skilled and talented employees, including a merit system, full use of salary ranges, performance awards, retention and recruitment bonuses.
In compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA), TDLR will provide reasonable accommodation during the hiring and selection process for individuals with a disability. If you need assistance completing the application, contact TDLR Human Resources at 512-463-7184. If you are contacted for an interview and need accommodation to participate in the interview process, please notify the person scheduling the interview
In addition to a positive and supportive work environment, The Texas Department of Licensing and Regulation offers a strong benefits package.
- State-paid health and life insurance plans for you;
- Optional dental plan and health insurance for your family members;
- State retirement matching contribution;
- Optional 401K and 457 Plans;
- Flexible health and dependent day care accounts;
- Optional term life insurance for you and your dependents;
- Short and long term disability insurance for you;
- Voluntary AD&D insurance;
- Retirement through the Employees Retirement System (ERS);
- Long Term Care Insurance;
- Longevity Pay;
- Direct Deposit;
- Optional after tax-contributions to a 529 Texas College Investment Plan;
- Paid sick leave accrues from your first day at work;
- Sick Leave Pool for catastrophic illnesses and injuries;
- Workers’ Compensation;
- Family Medical Leave;
- Military Leave;
- Jury Duty Leave;
- Smoke-free workplace;
- Confidential and personalized Employee Assistance Program services;
- Tuition Reimbursement Program;
- Career Paths that ensure professional growth and advancement within the agency;
- On-the-job and cross-training to develop job related skills and enrich professional growth;
- Wellness programs and activities such as yoga and massage therapy;
- Employee and family-friendly workplace;
- Flexible/Compressed work schedules;
- Paid vacation accrues from your first day worked;
- Active charitable employee associations;
- Length of Service awards;
- Generous holiday schedule;
- Employee Recognition Programs;
- Casual dress; and
- A progressive agency culture that promotes open communication, efficiency, transparency and trust.
Staff Compensation Information, as required by Government Code, Section 659.026.