Summary of Benefits
You are our priority - Overview of benefits provided to eligible employees by the agency
The benefits of working for TDLR include working for an agency that:
- Promotes work/life balance allowing flexible work hours, compressed work week, and telecommuting options;
- Provides generous paid holiday schedules, vacation, and sick leave;
- Has a business casual to casual work environment and dress; and
- Open and free communication among staff including opportunities for feedback through surveys, brainstorming sessions, and staff and town hall meetings.
Offers Employee Recognition
- Merit increases, salary adjustments, retention contracts, and bonuses;
- “You Can Count On Me” program allows employees to recognize and reward coworkers’ contributions by granting administrative leave; and
- Awards length of service and provides longevity pay.
Has Engaged Leadership
- Committed and focused executive leadership, communication, and vision;
- Transparency from the executive team, keeping employees informed about issues affecting the agency through town hall meetings, internal newsletters and video updates; and
- Open communication between all staff, including opportunities for staff to give feedback to the executive team.
Encourages Career Progression and Growth
- Provides opportunities for employees to participate in activities instrumental to our success, such as program and bill implementation, bill and cost analysis teams, and strategic planning teams;
- Delivers on-the-job and cross-training for skill development;
- Offers additional training courses to enrich professional and personal growth; and
- Provides advancement opportunities and career paths.
Partakes in Extracurricular Programs and Activities
- Dynamic Employee Recognition Team that regularly schedules activities to honor and recognize TDLR employees;
- Wellness program to promote nutrition, fitness and stress-relief, including Get Fit Texas Challenge;
- Give back to our community through the State Employee Charitable Campaign;
- Facilitates Toastmasters to build leadership skills and boost confidence;
- Multi-cultural committee to celebrate diversity; and
- TDLR Veterans’ Association to serve as a resource and support for TDLR veteran members and their families.
Additional State benefits include:
- Direct Deposit
- Optional after tax-contributions to a 529 Texas college Investment Plan
- Tuition Reimbursement Program
- Paid vacation and sick leave which accrues from your first day at work
- Sick Leave Pool for catastrophic illnesses and injuries
- Workers Compensation
- Family Medical Leave
- Military Leave
- Jury Duty Leave