Motorcycle Safety Advisory Board Agenda
Texas Department of Licensing and Regulation
Motorcycle Safety Advisory Board
Thursday, August 31, 2023 at 10:00 a.m.
This meeting will take place via videoconference, and will be broadcast on TDLR’s YouTube channel. https://www.youtube.com/user/TexasLicensing The meeting agenda and materials will be available on the department’s webpage at www.tdlr.texas.gov. If you need materials in an alternate format contact the Texas Department of Licensing and Regulation at least 5 working days before the meeting date. Phone: (512) 463-6599, E-MAIL: email@example.com, TDD/RELAY TEXAS: 1-800-relay-VV (for voice), 1-800-relay-TX (for TDD).
- Call to Order
- Roll Call and Certification of Quorum
Training for Advisory Board Members
- Open Meetings Act
- Administrative Procedure Act
- Public Information Act
- Approval of Minutes – Meeting of August 4, 2022
- Public Comment
Any person wishing to address the Board must submit an email by following the Public Comments Instructions found on the last page of this agenda or located at www.tdlr.texas.gov. Emails must be submitted to firstname.lastname@example.org by 12:00 PM, August 30, 2023. TDLR offices will not be open for public comment.
Staff Reports – Briefing from Staff and discussion:
- Current Projects
Education and Examination Division
- Current Updates
Customer Service Division
- 88 th Legislative Session Update
- Licensing Division
- Update and discussion on contracts with the Texas A&M Engineering Extension Service (TEEX) to administer the instructor training program.
- Update and discussion on contracts with the Texas A&M Transportation Institute (TTI) to provide research, advocacy, and education on motorcycle safety.
- Discussion and possible recommendation on the proposed amendments to existing rules at 16 Texas Administrative Code (TAC), Chapter 98, §§98.10, 98.20 – 98.23, 98.50, 98.60, 98.65, 98.70, 98.76, 98.80, 98.104, 98.108, 98.112, and 98.116; and new rules at §98.24 and §98.71, regarding the Motorcycle Operator Training and Safety program. The proposed rules are necessary to implement Senate Bill (SB) 478, 88th Legislature, Regular Session (2023), which amends Chapter 662 by changing the requirements relating to instructor license eligibility and instructor training; creating the instructor training provider license; and altering the membership of the Motorcycle Safety Advisory Board.
- Recommendations for agenda items for next Board meeting.
- Discussion of date, time, and location of next Board meeting.
The Motorcycle Safety Advisory Board will accept public comments for the August 31, 2023 meeting.
Written comments must be submitted to Board.Comments@tdlr.texas.gov no later than 12:00 p.m. on August 30, 2023. Comments will be provided to the Board members for their review prior to the meeting but will not be read publicly during the public meeting.
If you wish to address the Board during the public meeting, please provide your contact information to Board.Comments@tdlr.texas.gov by 12:00 p.m. on August 30, 2023. Prior to the meeting, you will receive an email with a link to join the meeting. You will be given up to three (3) minutes to speak. The Presiding Officer may reduce the time provided for public comments based on the number of requests received. Ensure that you have a reliable connection and clear audio. Sharing of pre-recorded audio or video is not allowed during the public comment period.
**Please email your public comment request to Board.Comments@tdlr.texas.gov. **
DEADLINE FOR PUBLIC COMMENT REQUESTS IS 12:00 PM, August 30, 2023
Email request for Public Comment must include:
- Agenda Item or Specific Topic
- Telephone number
- Please indicate whom you are representing. Ex: attorney, yourself or other
Failure to provide the information requested directly above could result in your comment being delayed or taken out of order.