Motorcycle Safety Advisory Board Agenda
Texas Department of Licensing and Regulation
Motorcycle Safety Advisory Board
Friday, November 3, 2023 at 10:00 a.m.
This meeting will take place via videoconference, and will be broadcast on TDLR’s YouTube channel. If you need materials in an alternate format contact the Texas Department of Licensing and Regulation at least 5 working days before the meeting date. Phone: (512) 463-6599, E-MAIL: firstname.lastname@example.org, TDD/RELAY TEXAS: 1-800-relay-VV (for voice), 1-800-relay-TX (for TDD).
- Call to Order
- Roll Call and Certification of Quorum
- Approval of Minutes – Meeting of August 31, 2023
- Public Comment
Any person wishing to address the Board must submit an email by following the Public Comments Instructions found on the last page of this agenda or located at www.tdlr.texas.gov. Emails must be submitted to email@example.com by 12:00 PM, November 2, 2023. TDLR offices will not be open for public comment.
- Discussion and possible action on the Enforcement Plan for the Motorcycle Safety program: Motorcycle Safety and Training - Schools, Instructors and Instructor Training Providers.
- Discussion and possible recommendation on the proposed amendments to existing rules at 16 Texas Administrative Code (TAC), Chapter 98, §§98.10, 98.20 – 98.23, 98.50, 98.60, 98.65, 98.70, 98.76, 98.80, 98.104, 98.108, 98.112, and 98.116; and new rules at §98.24 and §98.71, regarding the Motorcycle Operator Training and Safety program. The proposed rules are necessary to implement Senate Bill (SB) 478, 88th Legislature, Regular Session (2023), which amends Chapter 662 by changing the requirements relating to instructor license eligibility and instructor training; creating the instructor training provider license; and altering the membership of the Motorcycle Safety Advisory Board. This agenda item includes discussion of any public comments received on the proposed amendments.
- Recommendations for agenda items for next Board meeting.
- Discussion of date, time, and location of next Board meeting.
The Motorcycle Safety Advisory Board will accept public comments for the November 3, 2023 meeting.
Written comments must be submitted to Board.Comments@tdlr.texas.gov no later than 12:00 p.m. on November 2, 2023. Comments will be provided to the Board members for their review prior to the meeting but will not be read publicly during the public meeting.
If you wish to address the Board during the public meeting, please provide your contact information to Board.Comments@tdlr.texas.gov by 12:00 p.m. on November 2, 2023. Prior to the meeting, you will receive an email with a link to join the meeting. You will be given up to three (3) minutes to speak. The Presiding Officer may reduce the time provided for public comments based on the number of requests received. Ensure that you have a reliable connection and clear audio. Sharing of pre-recorded audio or video is not allowed during the public comment period.
**Please email your public comment request to Board.Comments@tdlr.texas.gov. **
DEADLINE FOR PUBLIC COMMENT REQUESTS IS
12:00 PM, NOVEMBER 2, 2023
Email request for Public Comment must include:
- Agenda Item or Specific Topic
- Telephone number
- Please indicate whom you are representing. Ex: attorney, yourself or other
Failure to provide the information requested directly above could result in your comment being delayed or taken out of order.