Drug Education Program Law
You can download the entire Drug Offender Education Program Law document (PDF), suitable for printing. Acrobat Reader is necessary to view .pdf files. If you need to obtain a copy of this program it is available as a free download for Windows or Macintosh operating systems.
DRUG OFFENDER EDUCATION PROGRAM
Chapter 521, Sections 521.374 - 521.376
Administered by the Texas Department of Licensing and Regulation
(Effective September 1, 2017)
Sec. 521.374. Educational Program or Equivalent Education
- (a) A person whose license is suspended under Section 521.372 may attend an educational program, approved by the Texas Department of Licensing and Regulation under rules adopted by the Texas Commission of Licensing and Regulation and the department, that is designed to educate persons on the dangers of drug abuse.
- (b) The period of suspension or prohibition under Section 521.372(c) continues for an indefinite period until the individual successfully completes the educational program or is released from the residential treatment facility at which the individual successfully completed equivalent education, as applicable.
Sec. 521.375. Joint Adoption of Rules
- (a) The Texas Commission of Licensing and Regulation and the department shall jointly adopt rules for the qualification and approval of providers of educational programs under Section 521.374.
- (b) The Texas Department of Licensing and Regulation shall publish the jointly adopted rules.
Sec. 521.376. Duties of Texas Department of Licensing and Regulation; Application and Renewal Fees
The Texas Department of Licensing and Regulation:
- (1) shall monitor, coordinate, and provide training to persons who provide educational programs under Section 521.374;
- (2) shall administer the approval of those educational programs; and
- (3) may charge a nonrefundable application fee for:
- (A) initial certification of approval; and
- (B) renewal of the certification.