Speech-Language Pathologists and Audiologists Advisory Board Meeting
Tuesday, March 6, 2018 – 1:00 p.m.
North Campus, 1st Floor Public Meeting Room #125E
1106 Clayton Lane, Austin, Texas 78723
If you require auxiliary aids, services or materials in an alternate format contact the Texas Department of Licensing and Regulation at least 5 working days prior to the meeting date. Phone: (512) 463-6599, FAX: (512) 475-2874, E-MAIL: Advisory.Boards@tdlr.texas.gov, TDD/RELAY TEXAS: 1-800-relay-VV (for voice), 1-800-relay-TX (for TDD).
Watch the meeting on TDLR's YouTube channel at https://www.youtube.com/user/TexasLicensing
- Call to Order
- Roll Call, Certification of Quorum, and Introductions
- Approval of the Minutes – Meeting of January 4, 2018
- Public Comment
**Any person wishing to address the Advisory Board should complete a Public Comment Form and submit it to the Program Specialist**
- Staff Reports
- Licensing Division
- Customer Service Division
- Enforcement Division
- Case Highlights
- Overview of complaint investigation and resolution procedures relating to health-related standard of care cases
- Education and Examination Division
- Current Projects
- Personnel Updates
- Regulatory Program Management Division
- Update and discussion regarding speech-language pathology and audiology program activities
- Public Outreach
- Medical and Health Professions Section Update
- Executive Office
- Overview of the Strategic Planning Process
- Recent Developments
- Licensing Division
- Discussion and possible recommendations regarding proposed changes to the rules under 16 Texas Administrative Code (TAC) Chapter 111, by amending existing rules under Subchapter A, §111.2; Subchapter B, §111.10; Subchapter C, §§111.21, 111.22, and 111.23; Subchapter D, §§111.30, 111.35, and 111.37; Subchapter E, §§111.40, 111.45, and 111.47; Subchapter F, §§111.50, 111.55, and 111.57; Subchapter H, §§111.70, 111.75, and 111.77; Subchapter I, §§111.80, 111.85, and 111.87; Subchapter J, §§111.90, 111.95, and 111.97; Subchapter L, §111.115 and §111.117, Subchapter O, §111.140; Subchapter P, §111.151 and §111.154; Subchapter Q, §111.160; Subchapter R, §111.171; Subchapter S, §111.180, Subchapter U, §111.200; and Subchapter V, §111.213; by adding new rules under Subchapter E, §111.41 and §111.42; Subchapter F, §111.51 and §111.52; Subchapter I, §111.81 and §111.82; Subchapter J, §111.91 and §111.92, and Subchapter V, §111.216; and by repealing existing rules under Subchapter G, §§111.60, 111.65, and 111.66; and Subchapter K, §§111.100, 111.105, and 111.106, related to the Speech-Language Pathologists and Audiologists program. The proposed rules implement H.B. 4007, 85th Legislature, Regular Session (2017); make licensing and other clean-up changes; and update the supervision provisions throughout the chapter. This agenda item includes discussion of the public comments received on the proposed rules.
- Discussion and possible recommendations regarding proposed changes to the rule under 16 TAC §111.212(h), related to the use of telehealth by speech-language pathologists and requiring in-person initial contact with clients. This agenda item includes discussion of the public comments received on the proposed rule.
- Recommendations for agenda items for next Board meeting
- Discussion of date, time, and location of next Board meeting