Speech-Language Pathologists and Audiologists Advisory Board Meeting Agenda
This meeting will take place via videoconference and will be broadcast on TDLR’s YouTube channel. The meeting agenda and materials are available on the Department’s webpage at www.tdlr.texas.gov. If you need materials in an alternate format, contact the Texas Department of Licensing and Regulation at least 5 working days before the meeting date. Phone: (512) 463-6599, TDD/RELAY TEXAS: 1-800-relay-VV (for voice), 1-800-relay-TX (for TDD).
- Call to Order
- Roll Call, Certification of Quorum, and Introductions
- Approval of the Minutes – Meeting of August 20, 2021
- Public Comment
Any person wishing to address the Board must submit an Email by following the Public Comment Instructions found on the last page of this agenda or located at www.tdlr.texas.gov. Emails must be submitted to the Board liaison at email@example.com by 12:00 PM, November 1, 2021. TDLR offices will not be open for public comment.
- Staff Reports
- Licensing Division
- Customer Service Division
- Enforcement Division
- Personnel Update
- Case Highlights
- Education and Examination Division
- Regulatory Program Management Division
- Current Projects
- Notice regarding the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) proposed rule, Establishing Over-the-Counter Hearing Aids, and the updated draft guidance, Regulatory Requirements for Hearing Aid Devices and Personal Sound Amplification Products
- Public Outreach
- Executive Office
- 87th Legislative Session and Bill Implementation Update
- Communication Outreach Statistics
- Licensing Division
- Discussion and possible recommendation on the proposed amendments to existing rules at 16 Texas Administrative Code (TAC), Chapter 111, Subchapter A, §111.2; Subchapter E, §111.41; Subchapter F, §111.50 and §111.51; Subchapter J, §111.91 and §111.92; and Subchapter V, §111.210 and §111.211; the proposed new rule at Subchapter V, §111.212; and the proposed repeal of existing rules at Subchapter V, §§111.212-111.216, and Subchapter X, §§111.230-111.232, regarding the Speech-Language Pathologists and Audiologists program. The proposed rules implement the telehealth emergency rules on a permanent basis; implement SB 40, 87thLegislature, Regular Session (2021); and include changes as a result of the four-year rule review related to telehealth and remote supervision (tele-supervision). The proposed rules also reorganize the current provisions and eliminate duplicative provisions. This agenda item includes discussion of the public comments received on the proposed rules.
- Licensing Workgroup report and possible recommendations regarding displaying a license when practicing telehealth and providing a license upon request when providing home health services.
- Discussion and possible action to assign topics for consideration to workgroups:
(1) Refer to Standard of Care Workgroup: study of the screenings authorized to be performed by the statute and rules to make a recommendation to the advisory board about whether cognition/cognitive screenings and/or other screenings may or should be included in the rules if they contain a speech or language component.
- Recommendations for agenda items for next Board meeting
- Discussion of date, time, and location of next Board meeting
The Speech-Language Pathologists and Audiologists Advisory Board will accept public comments for the November 2, 2021, meeting.
Written comments must be submitted to Board.Comments@tdlr.texas.gov no later than 12:00 p.m. on November 1, 2021. Comments will be provided to the Board members for their review prior to the meeting but will not be read aloud during the public meeting.
If you wish to address the Board during the public meeting, please provide your contact information to Board.Comments@tdlr.texas.gov by 12:00 p.m. on November 1, 2021. Prior to the meeting, you will receive an email with a link and a phone number to join the meeting. You will be given no more than three (3) minutes to speak. The presiding officer may reduce the time provided for public comments based on the number of requests received. Ensure that you have a reliable connection and clear audio.
**Please email your public comment request to Board.Comments@tdlr.texas.gov. **
DEADLINE FOR PUBLIC COMMENT REQUESTS IS 12:00 PM ON NOVEMBER 1, 2021.
Email requests for Public Comment must include:
- Agenda Item or Specific Topic
- Please indicate whom you are representing. Ex: attorney, yourself or other
Failure to provide the information requested directly above could result in your comment being delayed or taken out of order.