Speech-Language Pathologists and Audiologists Advisory Board Meeting
Wednesday, November 15, 2017 – 1:00 p.m.
North Campus, 1st Floor Public Meeting Room #125E
1106 Clayton Lane, Austin, Texas
If you require auxiliary aids, services or materials in an alternate format contact the Texas Department of Licensing and Regulation at least 5 working days prior to the meeting date. Phone: (512) 463-6599, FAX: (512) 475-2874, E-MAIL: Advisory.Boards@tdlr.texas.gov, TDD/RELAY TEXAS: 1-800-relay-VV (for voice), 1-800-relay-TX (for TDD).
Watch the meeting on TDLR's YouTube channel at https://www.youtube.com/user/TexasLicensing
- Call to Order
- Roll Call, Certification of Quorum, and Introductions
- Approval of the Minutes – Meeting of June 30, 2017
- Public Comment
**Any person wishing to address the Advisory Board should complete a Public Comment Form and submit it to the Program Specialist**
- Staff Reports
- Executive Office
- Bill Implementation Overview and Timeline
- Hurricane Harvey Update
- Recent Developments
- Compliance Division
- Public Outreach – National Council of State Boards of Examiners for Speech-Language Pathology and Audiology (NCSB), Texas Academy of Audiology (TAA)
- Medical and Health Professions Section Update
- Education and Examination Division
- Current Projects
- Statistics and Trends
- Enforcement Division
- Case Highlights
- Recent Accomplishments and Current Projects
- Key Statistics
- Licensing Division
- Licensing Statistics
- Executive Office
- Update from workgroups and possible recommendations:
- Standard of Care Workgroup review, updates and possible recommendations regarding changes to the rules under 16 Texas Administrative Code (TAC) Chapter 111 related to supervision of speech-language pathology assistants and interns and audiology assistants and interns.
- Discussion and possible recommendations regarding proposed changes to the rules under 16 Texas Administrative Code (TAC) Chapter 111, by amending existing rules §§111.2, 111.40, 111.50, 111.80, 111.90, 111.154, and 111.213 and adding new rules at §§111.41, 111.42, 111.51, 111.52, 111.81, 111.82, 111.91, 111.92, and 111.216, related to supervision of speech-language pathology assistants and interns and audiology assistants and interns. The proposed changes include adding definitions; standardizing supervision terminology throughout the chapter; clarifying supervision by telehealth/telepractice; standardizing provisions between speech-language pathology and audiology as appropriate; updating supervision responsibilities and ratios; and separating existing rules into smaller, more distinct sections to improve readability.
- Discussion and possible recommendations regarding proposed changes to the rule under 16 TAC §111.212(h), related to the use of telehealth by speech-language pathologists and requiring in-person initial contact with clients.
- Recommendations for agenda items for next Board meeting
- Discussion of date, time, and location of next Board meeting