Combative Sports Advisory Board Meeting
Friday, October 23, 2020 at 11:00 a.m.
This meeting will take place via videoconference, and will be broadcast on TDLR’s YouTube channel. https://www.youtube.com/user/TexasLicensing The meeting agenda and materials will be available on the department’s webpage at www.tdlr.texas.gov. If you need materials in an alternate format contact the Texas Department of Licensing and Regulation at least 5 working days before the meeting date. Phone: (512) 463-6599, E-MAIL: email@example.com, TDD/RELAY TEXAS: 1-800-relay-VV (for voice), 1-800-relay-TX (for TDD).
- Call to Order
- Roll Call and Certification of Quorum
- Advisory Committee Member Training
- Videoconference Meeting Conduct
- Public Comments
- Public Participation
- Training for Advisory Board Members
- Open Meetings Act
- Public Information Act
- Administrative Procedure Act
- Approval of Minutes – Meeting of September 20, 2019
- Public Comment
Any person wishing to address the Committee must submit an email by following the Public Comment Instructions found on the last page of this agenda or located at www.tdlr.texas.gov. Emails must be submitted to firstname.lastname@example.org by 12:00 PM, October 22, 2020. TDLR offices will not be open for public comment.
- Staff Reports
- Licensing Division
- Personnel Updates
- Customer Service
- Introduction to the Customer Service Department
- Statistics and Trends
- Enforcement Division
- Personnel Update
- Case Highlights
- Regulatory Program Management Division
- Personnel Update
- Current Projects including Updated COVID-19 Protocols
- Executive Office
- COVID-19 Response
- Strategic Planning Update
- Legislative Appropriation Requests Update
- Sunset Commission Staff Report and Review Process Update
- Communication Outreach Statistics
- Licensing Division
- Workgroup Reports and New Assignments
- Rules Workgroup
- Medical, Health and Safety Workgroup
- Drug Testing Protocols Workgroup
- Enforcement Workgroup
- Discussion and possible recommendation on the proposed amendments to an existing rule at 16 Texas Administrative Code (TAC), Chapter 61, §61.23; and new rule §61.31 regarding the Combative Sports Program. The proposed rules create a code of ethics for ring officials. The proposed rules are necessary to state the ethical and professional responsibilities for ring officials in order to ensure ring officials perform their duties professionally, remain neutral, and avoid conflicts of interest.
- Recommendations for agenda items for the next Advisory Board meeting
- Discussion of date, time, and location of next Advisory Board meeting
The Combative Sports Advisory Board will accept public comment for the October 23, 2020 meeting.
Written comments must be submitted to Board.Comments@tdlr.texas.gov no later than 12:00 p.m. on Thursday, October 22, 2020. Comments will be provided to the Board members for their review prior to the meeting but will not be read publicly during the public meeting.
If you wish to address the Board during the public meeting, please provide your contact information to Board.Comments@tdlr.texas.gov by 12:00 p.m. on Thursday, October 22, 2020. During the meeting, you will receive an email with a link to join the meeting. You will be given up to three (3) minutes to speak. The Presiding Officer may reduce the time provided for public comments based on the number of requests received. Ensure that you have a reliable connection and clear audio.
**Please email your public comment request to board Board.Comments@tdlr.texas.gov. **
DEADLINE FOR PUBLIC COMMENT REQUESTS IS
12:00 PM, THURSDAY, SEPTEMBER 22, 2020
Email request for Public Comment must include:
- Name of the Board you wish to speak to;
- Agenda Item or Specific Topic;
- Telephone number; and
- Please indicate whom you are representing. Ex: attorney, yourself or other
Failure to provide the information requested directly above could result in your comment being delayed or taken out of order.