Towing and Storage Advisory Board Meeting
Wednesday, September 13, 2023 at 10:00 a.m.
VIDEO CONFERENCE MEETING
This meeting will take place via videoconference and will be broadcast on TDLR’s YouTube channel. If you need materials in an alternate format, contact the Texas Department of Licensing and Regulation at least five working days before the meeting date. Phone: (512) 463-6599, E-MAIL: email@example.com , TDD/RELAY TEXAS: 1-800-relay-VV (for voice), 1-800-relay-TX (for TDD).
- Call to Order
- Roll Call, and Certification of Quorum
- Approval of Minutes – August 23, 2022 Meeting
- Approval of Minutes – August 3, 2023 Meeting
- Public Comment
Any person wishing to address the Board must submit an email by following the Public Comment Instructions found on the last page of the agenda or located at www.tdlr.texas.gov. Emails must be submitted to the Board liaison at firstname.lastname@example.org by 12:00 PM, Tuesday, September 12, 2023. TDLR offices will not be open for public comment.
Staff Reports – Staff Available for Questions:
- Current Projects
Education and Examination Division
Customer Service Division
- Case Highlights
Field Inspections Division
- Current Projects
- Current Projects
- 88 th Legislative Session and Bill Implementation Update
- Licensing Division
- Discussion and possible recommendation on the proposed amendments to an existing rule at 16 Texas Administrative Code (TAC), Chapter 85, §85.722 regarding the Vehicle Storage Facilities program. Pursuant to Occupations Code §2303.1552, the proposed amendments increase the allowable vehicle storage facility impoundment fee and daily storage fees in accordance with changes in the Consumer Price Index (CPI) during the preceding state fiscal biennium
- Discussion regarding the towing and storage of electric vehicles, concerns from licensees related to the towing and storage of these types of vehicles after they have been involved in an accident and understanding the statutory requirements to tow and store these types of vehicles.
- Discussion regarding Tow Hearings pursuant to Texas Occupations Code §§ 2308.452-2308.458.
- Recommendations for agenda items for next Board meeting
- Discussion of date, time, and location of next Board meeting
The Towing and Storage Advisory Board will accept public comment for the Wednesday, September 13, 2023 meeting.
Written comments must be submitted to Board.Comments@tdlr.texas.gov by no later than 12:00 p.m., Tuesday, September 12, 2023. Comments will be provided to the Board members for their review prior to the meeting but will not be read aloud during the public meeting.
If you wish to address the Board during the public meeting, please provide your contact information to Board.Comments@tdlr.texas.gov by 12:00 p.m., Tuesday, September 12, 2023. You will receive an email with a link to join the meeting. You will be given no more than three (3) minutes to speak. The presiding officer may reduce the time provided for public comments based on the number of requests received. Ensure that you have a reliable connection and clear audio. Sharing of pre-recorded audio or video is not allowed during the public comment period.
**Please email your public comment request to Board.Comments@tdlr.texas.gov. **
DEADLINE FOR PUBLIC COMMENT REQUEST IS 12:00 P.M., TUESDAY, SEPTEMBER 12, 2023
Email request for Public Comment must include:
- Agenda Item or Specific Topic
- Telephone number
- Please indicate whom you are representing. Ex: attorney, yourself or other
Failure to provide the information requested directly above could result in your comment being delayed or taken out of order.