Texas Weather Modification Advisory Committee Meeting
Thursday, August 13, 2020 at 9:30 a.m.
This meeting will take place via videoconference, and will be broadcast on TDLR’s YouTube channel. https://www.youtube.com/user/TexasLicensing The meeting agenda and materials will be available on the department’s webpage at www.tdlr.texas.gov. If you need materials in an alternate format contact the Texas Department of Licensing and Regulation at least 5 working days before the meeting date. Phone: (512) 463-6599, TDD/RELAY TEXAS: 1-800-relay-VV (for voice), 1-800-relay-TX (for TDD).
- Call to Order
- Roll Call and Certification of Quorum
- Advisory Committee Member Training
- Videoconference Meeting Conduct
- Public Comments
- Public Participation
- Approval of Minutes – Meeting of December 12, 2019
- Public Comment
Any person wishing to address the Committee must submit an email by following the Public Comment Instructions found on the last page of this agenda or located at www.tdlr.texas.gov. Emails must be submitted to email@example.com by 12:00 PM, August 12, 2020. TDLR offices will not be open for public comment.
- Recognition of the contributions of George Bomar to the Weather Modification Program, TDLR, and the state of Texas.
- Chairman Reilly
- Advisory Committee Members
- Executive and other TDLR Staff
- Field meteorologists’ report on ongoing weather modification activities in Texas in 2020
- Consideration and possible recommendation on applications for renewal of weather modification licenses for FY 2021: Belding Farms, Panhandle Groundwater Conservation District, Seeding Operations and Atmospheric Research (SOAR) Program, South Texas Weather Modification Association, Trans-Pecos Weather Modification Association, West Texas Weather Modification Association.
- Staff Reports:
- Executive Office Update
- COVID-19 Response
- Strategic Planning Process
- Sunset Commission Staff Report and TDLR Response
- Communication Outreach Statistics
- Regulatory Program Management Report
- Status of permitted weather modification projects in Texas during 2020
- Analysis of 2019 Rain-enhancement projects
- Weather modification in the media
- Executive Office Update
- Recommendations for agenda items for next Committee meeting
- Discussion of date, time, and location of next Committee meeting
The Weather Modification Advisory Committee will accept public comment for the August 13, 2020 meeting.
Written comments must be submitted to Public.Comments@tdlr.texas.gov no later than 12:00 p.m. on Wednesday, August 12, 2020. Comments will be provided to the Committee members for their review prior to the meeting but will not be read publicly during the public meeting.
If you wish to address the Committee during the public meeting, please provide your contact information to Public.Comments@tdlr.texas.gov by 12:00 p.m. on Wednesday, August 12, 2020. During the meeting, you will receive an email with a link to join the meeting. You will be given up to three (3) minutes to speak. The Presiding Officer may reduce the time provided for public comments based on the number of requests received. Ensure that you have a reliable connection and clear audio.
**Please email your public comment request to Public.Comments@tdlr.texas.gov. **
DEADLINE FOR PUBLIC COMMENT REQUESTS IS 12:00 PM, Wednesday, August 12, 2020.
Email request for Public Comment must include:
- Agenda Item or Specific Topic
- Telephone number
- Please indicate whom you are representing. Ex: attorney, yourself or other
Failure to provide the information requested directly above could result in your comment being delayed or taken out of order.