Water Well Drillers and Pump Installers Advisory Council Meeting Agenda
Thursday, September 21, 2023 at 10:00 a.m.
North Campus Building, 1 st Floor Public Meeting Room, Suite 125E
1106 Clayton Lane – Austin, TX 78723
This meeting will take place at 1106 Clayton Lane, Suite 125E, Austin, Texas and will be broadcast on TDLR’s YouTube channel. The Advisory Council will be present at the meeting location. If you need the agenda and staff reports in an alternate format, contact the Texas Department of Licensing and Regulation at least 5 working days before the meeting date. Phone: (512) 463-6599, E-MAIL: firstname.lastname@example.org, TDD/RELAY TEXAS: 1-800-relay-VV (for voice), 1-800-relay-TX (for TDD).
- Call to Order
- Roll Call, Introductions, and Certification of Quorum
Open Government Training
- Open Meetings Act
- Administrative Procedures Act
- Public Information Act
- Approval of Minutes – Meeting of June 8, 2022
- Public Comment
Public comments can be made in person on September 21, 2023, at the meeting location. Any person wishing to address the Council should complete a Public Comment Form and submit it to the Advisory Board Liaison. Sharing of pre-recorded audio or video is not allowed during the public comment period.
Staff Reports – Briefing from staff and discussion:
- Statistics- Licensee Population
Education and Examination Division
Customer Service Division
- Case Highlights
- Current Projects
- Personnel Update
- 88 th Legislative Session and Bill Implementation Update
- Licensing Division
- Discussion and possible recommendation on the proposed amendments to existing rules at 16 Texas Administrative Code (TAC), Chapter 76, §76.22, §76.24, §76.25, §76.27, §76.70, and §76.80, regarding the Water Well Drillers and Pump Installers program. The proposed rules implement HB 3744, 88 th Legislature, Regular Session (2023), which establishes that a license issued under Sections 1901.155 and 1902.155 of the Texas Occupations Code is valid for one or two years, as determined by commission rule. The proposed rules implement a change in the length of license terms and renewal terms for certain license holders; update continuing education requirements; update fee amounts for certain license holders; and implement staff changes regarding the delivery of state well reports.
- Recommendations for agenda items for next Council meeting
- Discussion of date, time, and location of next Council meeting