TDLR Health Monitor - The Medical & Health Professions Newsletter from the Texas Department of Licensing & Regulation
The TDLR Health Monitor is an e-mailed publication in which we share information about the services we provide for our medical and health programs.
TDLR Health Monitor - September 2019 Edition
September 26, 2019
Articles in this September 2019 edition of The Health Monitor include updates on:
- Dyslexia Awareness Month
- Podiatry Rule Amendments Adopted
- New Criminal Conviction Guidelines & Penalty Matrix
- Deregulation of Orthotic and Prosthetic Technicians
- Prescription Monitoring Program Requirements
- Fingerprinting Requirements for Podiatrists
- Midwives Educational Summit Recap
- Orthotic and Prosthetic Professional Organizations Merge
The TDLR Health Monitor is a quarterly newsletter that provides news and information about TDLR’s medical and health-related programs. Archives of past editions of the TDLR Health Monitor can be viewed here.
TDLR Health Monitor - June 2019 Edition
June 21, 2019
Articles in this June 2019 edition of The TDLR Health Monitor include information on:
- Results of the 2019 Texas legislative session (86R)
- Life-saving efforts by a Texas Athletic Trainer
- Upcoming Midwives Educational Summit
- Updates to surety bond for Hearing Instrument Fitters & Dispensers
- Recent communication outreach efforts
- Schedule of upcoming conferences
TDLR Health Monitor - March 2019 Edition
March 11, 2019
Articles in this March 2019 edition of The Health Monitor include updates on:
- the 2019 Texas legislative session (86R)
- new criminal conviction guidelines for the behavior analyst program
- upcoming improvements to exams for several occupations
- midwives educational summit
- health occupations annual report
- upcoming conferences
TDLR Health Monitor - December 2018 Edition
December 14, 2018
Articles in this December 2018 edition of The Health Monitor include updates on:
- the upcoming Texas legislative session
- administrative rules for orthotists and prosthetists program and podiatry program
- prescription pads and prescription monitoring requirements for podiatrists
- upcoming conferences and meetings
- federal guidelines on over-the-counter hearing aids
- guidelines for applicants with criminal convictions
TDLR Health Monitor - August 2018 Edition
Articles in this August 2018 edition of The Health Monitor include an update on the license requirement for behavior analysts; audiologists ability to use the online supervision reporting system; strategic planning for 2019-2023; rule amendments to the mold assessors and remediators program; rule amendments to the orthotists and prosthetists program; updated criminal conviction guidelines; information for dietitians on telehealth practices; call for subject matter experts to join examination committees for podiatry and sanitarians; and upcoming outreach activities.
TDLR Health Monitor - May 2018 Edition
Articles in the third edition of The Health Monitor include an update on the Behavior Analysts program; upcoming changes to the Massage Therapy Exam; rulemaking update for several medical and health programs; TDLR website improvements; and information on outreach activities and upcoming conferences. The issue also includes our regular features "A Closer Look" and "Advisory Board Meeting Calendar."
TDLR Health Monitor - February 2018 Edition
Articles in the second edition of TDLR Health Monitor include What’s New in Podiatry; Online Mold Notifications; Recent Revisions to Midwife Publications; Online Supervision for Speech-Language Pathologists; Verify Your License Online; Coming Soon: Behavior Analysts; TDLR’s Enforcement Process; How to File a Complaint; Finding Disciplinary Actions; and TDLR on YouTube. The issue also includes our regular features: FAQ Spotlight and Upcoming Advisory Board Meetings. This issue was published on February 16, 2018 and you can read it online.
TDLR Health Monitor - November 2017 Edition
The inaugural edition of TDLR Health Monitor covers the transfer to TDLR of 13 medical and health programs from the Department of State Health Services; the transfer of the Podiatry program from the Texas State Board of Podiatric Medical Examiners; Hurricane Harvey Recovery efforts; and new advisory board/committee appointments. The issue also includes our regular features: FAQ Spotlight and Upcoming Advisory Board Meetings. The first issue was published on November 2, 2017 and you can read it online.
Stay up-to-date on recent developments with email notifications. Get info on changes to laws and rules, important notices, upcoming meetings, newsletters, and more.