Texas Weather Modification Advisory Committee Meeting
Monday, August 21, 2023 at 10:00 a.m.
This meeting will take place via videoconference, and will be broadcast on TDLR’s YouTube channel. https://www.youtube.com/user/TexasLicensing The meeting agenda and materials will be available on the department’s webpage at www.tdlr.texas.gov. If you need materials in an alternate format contact the Texas Department of Licensing and Regulation at least 5 working days before the meeting date. Phone: (512) 463-6599, E-MAIL: firstname.lastname@example.org, TDD/RELAY TEXAS: 1-800-relay-VV (for voice), 1-800-relay-TX (for TDD).
- Call to Order
- Roll Call and Certification of Quorum
Open Government Training
- Open Meetings Act
- Administrative Procedure Act
- Public Information Act
- Approval of Minutes – Meeting of July 7, 2022
- Public Comment
Any person wishing to address the Committee must submit an email by following the Public Comment Instructions found on the last page of this agenda or located at www.tdlr.texas.gov. Emails must be submitted to email@example.com by 12:00 PM, August 18, 2023. TDLR offices will not be open for public comment .
- Field Meteorologists’ report on ongoing weather modification activities in Texas in 2023.
- Consideration and possible recommendation on applications for renewal of weather modification permits: Belding Farms (tentatively approved) and Panhandle Groundwater Conservation District (in progress).
- Consideration and possible recommendation on applications for renewal of weather modification licenses for FY 2024: Belding Farms, Panhandle Groundwater Conservation District, Seeding Operations and Atmospheric Research (SOAR) Program, South Texas Weather Modification Association, Trans-Pecos Weather Modification Association, West Texas Weather Modification Association.
- 88 th Legislative Session and Bill Implementation update
Regulatory Program Management Report
- Status of permitted weather modification projects in Texas during 2023
- Weather modification in the media
- Executive Office
- Recommendations for agenda items for next Committee meeting
- Discussion of date, time, and location of next Committee meeting
The Weather Modification Advisory Committee will accept public comments for the August 21, 2023 meeting.
Written comments must be submitted to Board.Comments@tdlr.texas.gov no later than 12:00 p.m. on August 18, 2023. Comments will be provided to the Committee members for their review prior to the meeting but will not be read publicly during the public meeting.
If you wish to address the Committee during the public meeting, please provide your contact information to Board.Comments@tdlr.texas.gov by 12:00 p.m. on August 18, 2023. During the meeting, you will receive an email with a link to join the meeting. You will be given up to three (3) minutes to speak. The Presiding Officer may reduce the time provided for public comments based on the number of requests received. Ensure that you have a reliable connection and clear audio. Sharing of pre-recorded audio or video is not allowed during the public comment period.
**Please email your public comment request to Board.Comments@tdlr.texas.gov. **
DEADLINE FOR PUBLIC COMMENT REQUESTS IS 12:00 PM, AUGUST 18, 2023.
Email request for Public Comment must include:
- Agenda Item or Specific Topic
- Telephone number
- Please indicate whom you are representing. Ex: attorney, yourself or other
Failure to provide the information requested directly above could result in your comment being delayed or taken out of order.