Agenda for Licensed Breeders Advisory Committee Meeting, September 1, 2023
Texas Department of Licensing and Regulation
LICENSED BREEDERS ADVISORY COMMITTEE MEETING
Friday, September 1, 2023 at 10:00 AM
This meeting will take place via videoconference and will be broadcast on TDLR’s YouTube channel. If you need materials in an alternate format contact the Texas Department of Licensing and Regulation at least 5 working days before the meeting date. Phone: (512) 463-6599, E-MAIL: email@example.com, TDD/RELAY TEXAS: 1-800-relay-VV (for voice), 1-800-relay-TX (for TDD).
- Call to Order
- Roll Call and Certification of Quorum
General Counsel Training
- Open Meetings Act
- Public Information Act
- Administrative Procedure Act
- Approval of the minutes - Meeting of November 3, 2020
- Public Comment
Any person wishing to address the Committee must submit an email by following the Public Comment Instructions found on the last page of the agenda or located at www.tdlr.texas.gov. Emails must be submitted to the Committee liaison at firstname.lastname@example.org by 12:00 PM, Thursday, August 31, 2023. TDLR offices will not be open for public comment.
Customer Service Division
- Case Highlights
- Personnel Update
Field Inspections Division
- Current Projects
- 88 th Legislative Session Update
- Licensing Division
- Discussion and possible recommendation on the proposed amendments to existing rules at 16 Texas Administrative Code (TAC), Chapter 91, §§91.10, 91.20, 91.22 – 91.24, 91.27 – 91.30, 91.50 – 91.55, 91.57 – 91.58, 91.66, 91.73 - 91.74, 91.76 – 91.77, 91.80, 91.90 – 91.92, 91.100 – 91.105, 91.107, 91.112, and 91.202; proposed new rules at §§91.61 – 91.65; and proposed repeal of existing rules at §91.65, regarding the Licensed Breeder The proposed amendments implement Senate Bill 876, 88 th Legislature, Regular Session (2023), which amended Occupations Code, Chapter 802 to expand the licensing requirement to more dog or cat breeders and to expand exemptions from licensing. The amendments add a license fee for breeders newly subject to licensing, make minor changes to license holder responsibilities, and make editorial changes to update, correct, and clarify the rules.
- Discussion and possible appointment of work group relating to future rulemaking to incorporate updates in federal standards and other necessary changes to the rules.
- Recommendations for agenda items for next meeting
- Discussion of date, time, and location of next Committee meeting
The Licensed Breeders Advisory Committee will accept public comment for the Friday, September 1, 2023 meeting.
Written comments must be submitted to Board.Comments@tdlr.texas.gov by no later than 12:00 p.m., Thursday, August 31, 2023. Comments will be provided to the Committee members for their review prior to the meeting but will not be read aloud during the public meeting.
If you wish to address the Committee during the public meeting, please provide your contact information to Board.Comments@tdlr.texas.gov by 12:00 p.m., Thursday, August 31, 2023. You will receive an email with a link to join the meeting. You will be given no more than three (3) minutes to speak. The presiding officer may reduce the time provided for public comments based on the number of requests received. Ensure that you have a reliable connection and clear audio. Sharing of pre-recorded audio or video is not allowed during the public comment period.
**Please email your public comment request to Board.Comments@tdlr.texas.gov. **
DEADLINE FOR PUBLIC COMMENT REQUEST IS 12:00 P.M., THURSDAY, AUGUST 31, 2023
Email request for Public Comment must include:
- Agenda Item or Specific Topic
- Telephone number
- Please indicate whom you are representing. Ex: attorney, yourself or other
Failure to provide the information requested directly above could result in your comment being delayed or taken out of order.