Electrical Safety and Licensing Advisory Board
Monday, April 10, 2023 at 1:00 p.m
This meeting will take place via videoconference and will be broadcast on TDLR’s YouTube channel. The meeting agenda and materials are available on the department’s webpage. If you need materials in an alternate format, contact the Texas Department of Licensing and Regulation at least 5 working days before the meeting date. Phone: (512) 463-6599, E-MAIL: email@example.com, TDD/RELAY TEXAS: 1-800-relay-VV (for voice), 1-800-relay-TX (for TDD).
- Call to Order
- Roll Call, and Certification of Quorum
- Approval of minutes – August 25, 2022 meeting
- Public Comment
Any person wishing to address the Board must submit an email by following the Public Comment Instructions found on the last page of this agenda or located at www.tdlr.texas.gov. Emails must be submitted to the Board liaison at firstname.lastname@example.org by 12:00 PM, Thursday, April 6, 2023. TDLR offices will not be open for public comment.
- Staff Reports – Briefing from staff and discussion:
- Licensing Division
- Current Projects
- Education and Examination Division
- Customer Service Division
- Enforcement Division
- Case Highlights
- Regulatory Program Management Division
- 2023 National Electrical Code
- Executive Office Update
- 88th Legislative Session Update
- Licensing Division
- Discussion and possible recommendation on the proposed amendments to an existing rule at 16 Texas Administrative Code (TAC), Chapter 73, §73.100, regarding the Electricians program. The proposed rule is necessary to adopt the 2023 National Electrical Code (NEC) as required by statute. Texas Occupations Code §1305.101(a) requires the Commission to adopt, every three years, the revised NEC as the electrical code for the state. The current rule references the 2020 edition of the NEC.
- Recommendations for agenda items for next Board meeting
- Discussion of date, time, and location of next Board meeting
The Electrical Safety and Licensing Advisory Board will accept public comment for the April 10, 2023 meeting.
Written comments must be submitted to Board.Comments@tdlr.texas.gov no later than 12:00 p.m. on Thursday, April 6, 2023. Comments will be provided to the Board members for their review prior to the meeting but will not be read aloud during the public meeting.
If you wish to address the Board during the public meeting, please provide your contact information to Board.Comments@tdlr.texas.gov by 12:00 p.m. on Thursday, April 6, 2023. Prior to the meeting, you will receive an email with a link and a phone number to join the meeting. You will be given no more than three (3) minutes to speak. The presiding officer may reduce the time provided for public comments based on the number of requests received. Ensure that you have a reliable connection and clear audio. Sharing of pre-recorded audio or video is not allowed during the public comment period.
**Please email your public comment request to Board.Comments@tdlr.texas.gov. **
DEADLINE FOR PUBLIC COMMENT REQUESTS IS 12:00 PM, THURSDAY, APRIL 6, 2023.
Email requests for Public Comment must include:
- Agenda Item or Specific Topic
- Please indicate whom you are representing. Ex: attorney, yourself or other
Failure to provide the information requested directly above could result in your comment being delayed or taken out of order.