Site Navigation

Continuing Education Providers for Property Tax Professionals

Continuing Education Requirements

Property Tax Professionals' continuing education requirements are described in Administrative Rule 94.25. Continuing Education.


To become a property tax professional continuing education provider, you will need to submit a completed provider application, business plan and a copy of your attendance verification document.

To have a new property tax professional continuing education course approved, the provider will need to contact the Property Tax Division of the Comptroller of Public Accounts (PTAD). The provider will need to submit a course approval application prior to scheduling of any courses/seminars. For more detailed information, contact the Property Tax Assistance Division (PTAD).

Each year the provider must renew their registration to offer continuing education courses. Course approvals are valid for one year, assuming the provider’s approval remains current throughout that time.

Also see frequently asked questions for more info about the application process:

Reporting Completed Hours

Please note that the reporting of continuing education hours is the responsibility of the continuing education provider. Licensees may check their hours at the Continuing Education Courses Look Up. If the hours have not been reported, the licensee should contact the provider first to ensure that the hours are reported. If the reporting issue is not resolved, they have the option of filing a complaint.

Contact Information

Email Updates - You may wish to sign up for the various occupation and continuing education provider email updates.

Request for Information - contact the Education and Examination division

Voice: (512) 463-6599 or toll free at (800) 803-9202

Fax: (512) 463-1512