Auctioneer Continuing Education
Check the CE courses you have completed
List of registered Continuing Education providers for Auctioneers
Auctioneer licensees must complete six hours of continuing education in courses approved by the department, including two hours of instruction in laws and rules that regulate the conduct of auctioneers and associate auctioneers:
- Texas Occupations Code, Chapter 1802, Auctioneers.
- Title 16, Texas Administrative Code, Chapter 67, Auctioneers Administrative Rules.
- Other laws and rules that regulate the conduct of auctioneers
- Auction-related laws, such as the Uniform Commercial Code - Sales, Title 1, Chapter 2, Texas Business and Commerce Code §2.328 and the Deceptive Trade Practices-Consumer Protection Act, Chapter 17, Subchapter E, Texas Business and Commerce Code.
- Business practices, such as insurance, auction ethics, contracts, maintenance of trust accounts, and marketing.
Continuing education courses must be completed within the term of the license being renewed. For example, if a license expires on June 15, 2015, the continuing education courses taken to renew that license must have been taken between June 15, 2014 and June 15, 2015.
For a late renewal, the continuing education courses must have been completed within the one year period immediately prior to the date of renewal.
Licensees may not receive continuing education credit for attending the same course more than once. Further, licensees must retain a copy of the certificate of completion for a course for one year after the date of completion. In conducting any inspection or investigation of the licensee, the department may examine the licensee’s records to determine compliance.
Please note that the reporting of continuing education hours is the responsibility of the continuing education provider. Licensees may check their hours from the Continuing Education Courses Look Up. If the hours have not been reported, the licensee should contact the provider first to ensure that the hours are reported. If the reporting issue is not resolved, they have the option of filing a complaint.